Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,473   Posts: 1,570,974   Online: 811

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Benji I haven't used mine for 62 two because I am not as old as that. Regarding the small viewfinder an accessory viewfinder helps a lot. I love my Albada finders. I also agree the F1 is a superb camera but from 2014 perspective it is severely outdated just like a Contax or any other fully manual camera. It's also important to note that neither the Leica nor the Contax were in widespread use before the war. Pros mostly used bigger tools and they had much bigger viewfinders if they used one that is. The Westlich auction sells all kind of cameras from collector items to user. Some are of course purely fetish and not really usable at all for modern photography. The Leicashop/Westlich Auction nr1. customers come from China and Japan and they buy them as fetish unfortunately some even end up in museums.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Benji I haven't used mine for 62 two because I am not as old as that. Regarding the small viewfinder an accessory viewfinder helps a lot. I love my Albada finders. I also agree the F1 is a superb camera but from 2014 perspective it is severely outdated just like a Contax or any other fully manual camera. It's also important to note that neither the Leica nor the Contax were in widespread use before the war. Pros mostly used bigger tools and they had much bigger viewfinders if they used one that is. The Westlich auction sells all kind of cameras from collector items to user. Some are of course purely fetish and not really usable at all for modern photography. The Leicashop/Westlich Auction nr1. customers come from China and Japan and they buy them as fetish unfortunately some even end up in museums.
    The New F1 isn't a "fully manual camera" you are mistaking it for the Original F1 which is purely mechanical , the New F1 is capable of aperture priority AE and shutter priority AE with the AE prism Finder FN and the AE motor drive , or AE power winder FN. The shutter is a hybrid electro-mechanical one that will work without the battery on all the speeds from 1/90th sec. to 1/2000 sec.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_New_F-1
    Ben

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Missed the new part still a good camera and still outdated since it doesn't have AF, 5000 points metering etc...

Most great cameras are outdated that what makes them great or at least more robust

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Missed the new part still a good camera and still outdated since it doesn't have AF, 5000 points metering etc...

Most great cameras are outdated that what makes them great or at least more robust
    If it had AF and 500 points metering I wouldn't want them,they are steps in automation too far for what I require.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd take the AF and metering...

I normally manual focus, and often shoot at other than what the meter wants. However, when trying to photograph a charging two year old grand child, AF and better metering is a blessing.

As long as I can override, and do it my way, I can live with newer doodads...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin