Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,277   Online: 788

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

westlicht-auction

Not sure if I have posted this in the correct forum, but next westlicht auction that maybe of interest to those with deep pockets.

http://www.westlicht-auction.com/ind...cf571-45749849

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow. Too rich for my blood but these items are the real deal. Very nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some of the prints (the first catalogue) are quite nice. I'm surprised at how cheaply you can get a Kertesz (assuming their estimated prices are about right, anyway).

The camera offerings don't light me up so much, but the Leica people should see plenty to get excited about. Get out there and spend that extra 5,000 euros that's burning a hole in your pocket, y'all!

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have no interest in owing cameras as objet d'art, or objects of semi-religious devotion and am not a collector my only personal interest in them is to use them to make pictures.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I have no interest in owing cameras as objet d'art, or objects of semi-religious devotion and am not a collector my only personal interest in them is to use them to make pictures.
    And you can still do that with cameras from this auction.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    And you can still do that with cameras from this auction.
    I prefer my Canon New F1's to work with, not museum pieces that are not only very limited in their application, but cameras of that vintage usually have terrible small view finder's.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-14-2014 at 09:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I prefer my Canon New F1's to work with, not museum pieces that are not only very limited in their application, but cameras of that vintage usually have terrible small view finder's.
    That's a pretty broad generalization when "that vintage" includes everything from 19th century plate cameras to 1980s Leicas. I mean, I doubt anyone begrudges you your personal choice of tools, but you're not really saying an M6 or a Rolleiflex is "very limited in [its] application", are you?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    I would say they ARE limited, which is why I have always had a Nikon SLR & and Mamiya TLR. system.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    All 35mm cameras have small viewfinders compared to a medium format or LF camera. Following that logic the cameras of old had bigger viewfinders than modern cameras. The most precise 35mm RF camera was created in the 1930's the Contax still has the longest rangefinder base of any 35mm RF camera, accessory viewfinders especially the Albada kind again for the Contax are just sublime. BTW the Canon F1 is a museum piece as well just a bit younger but outdated nevertheless.

The photographs and cameras for sale are all currently exhibited in the Gallerie Westlicht well worth a visit. This Auction also puts a special emphasis on photo books. The cameras that are not being sold often end up in the Leicashop at reduced prices

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    All 35mm cameras have small viewfinders compared to a medium format or LF camera. Following that logic the cameras of old had bigger viewfinders than modern cameras. The most precise 35mm RF camera was created in the 1930's the Contax still has the longest rangefinder base of any 35mm RF camera, accessory viewfinders especially the Albada kind again for the Contax are just sublime. BTW the Canon F1 is a museum piece as well just a bit younger but outdated nevertheless.

The photographs and cameras for sale are all currently exhibited in the Gallerie Westlicht well worth a visit. This Auction also puts a special emphasis on photo books. The cameras that are not being sold often end up in the Leicashop at reduced prices
    I speak from experience I've owned a 1936 Zeiss Contax for 62 years and it has a long bass rangefinder, but it's within a a view finder that's so small it's difficult to see through, and the Canon New F1 is about as modern as I wish to go without having the camera making the decisions for me.
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin