Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,152   Online: 1095

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Romance

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Yes, butit's more than that.I don't feel the same bond.
    I know what you mean. I have a different bond with each of my kids. While the bond is different, oneis not greater or less than the other.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    hi ralph

i don't have a hassy, but i can see what the allure is ..

your post made me smile, it reminded me of
    john cook drinking having a romantic dinner by the fire with his ebony.

thanks for the memories !
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I know what you mean. I have a different bond with each of my kids. While the bond is different, oneis not greater or less than the other.
    If I had more than one wife, though, I don't know if I could say the same or not. I wonder...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    You are right; that is a huge benefit,but I don't know anything that smells better than a Hassy or a brand-new Carl Xeiss lens. there ia romance there somewhereJust holding them is pure joy.this is well beyond pride of ownership.I also forgot to mention,that it was my father's dream camera,which he could never affordand now that he is unfortunately gone.I like to believe that he is watching me when I'm holding it.
    My Hasselblads are used for serous work and for thoughtful compositions.
    The Nikons are used for casual work.
    The 4"x5"s are used for experimentation and playing around.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm

crazy

I had a crazy experience with a 'Blad. I was working for a smallish newspaper in the pre-computer daze and the "Chief Photographer" kept bawling that he wanted 'Blads. They were, of course, expensive and in those days a typical small newspaper editorial budget payed for a new typewriter every few years, pencils and an occasional paper clip. Five thousand buck for a couple of 'Blads with two film backs and three lenses each would wreck the editorial budget for the rest of the century.
    I finally got tired of his bleating and showed how he could get his 'Blads (the "back shop" routinely bought $1 million presses. Five grand to them was chump change. We transferred the photography budget to them.)
    So then I had to shoot fast-moving news photos with a 'Blad.
    Nice camera. Great lenses. But I cheated on her with my motor driven Nikon F and M2R Leica a lot.The old girl was just not fast enough for me. And her figure was kinda chunky. I admit when ya get down and dirty in the darkroom that big negative is truly wonderful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    For me it's my Rolleiflex. My Hassy tried to come between us. Her exotic advances while tempting and certainly exciting just didn't have it in the end. She remained the housekeeper with benefits
    That may be because having three focal length of Rolleis hanging around your neck is in your mind is "just too cool for school". But after you climb out of the river and get your pants back on, in your heart you know that you love the Hasselblad the best. [Reference to a photograph his wife took that was posted on APUG. Go find it yourself.]
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hasselblad - I have used a few cameras over the years, and none of them feel as natural to me as the Hasselblad. Soul mates, you could say...
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I want to be a soul mate too

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Hasselblad - I have used a few cameras over the years, and none of them feel as natural to me as the Hasselblad. Soul mates, you could say...
    Thanks for the GAS Thomas
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Thanks for the GAS Thomas
    I do what I can to help.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read once in a now-defunct French photo magazine about the Hasselblad camera: 'la Rolls du moyen format'

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin