Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,088   Posts: 1,612,329   Online: 1178

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Romance

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I have gotten laid for photographing weddings with a Hasselblad. I cannot say the same with the "preferred the Japanese variants"!
    How do you know it was because of the Hasselblad?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have gotten laid for photographing weddings with a Hasselblad. I cannot say the same with the "preferred the Japanese variants"!
    Those Swedes... They know what they're doing.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaf-Photo View Post
    I think you'll get better photos with a camera that you are familiar with.

I would call it trust rather than love. You trust a familiar camera to deliver the images you want. This gives you a sense of freedom and confidence in your photography, which translates into better pictures.

Even if I shoot more film than digital these days, I am still more familiar with my digital gear. I get many more keepers with it than with analog cameras.

Analog is much more fun and I am gradually learning how to treat the cameras and films to get better images.

The greatest difference between digital and film is that you are much more restricted by the choices you make before pressing the shutter button with film. With digital you get second chances.
    I did not want this to be yet another tiring analog vs digital discussion.I just wanted to kno if others also have formed an emotional bond with their camera and if that influences their photographic work?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Each of them told me the Hasselblad was the attraction.
    Wow, were you using the Hasselblad Zeiss Tele-Tessar 500mm?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Each of them told me the Hasselblad was the attraction.
    Seems impersonal! What does that do for your psyche?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I said it was the first attraction, besides if it happens to a guy it does not matter why. My psyche and other parts were quite pleased with themselves, thank you.
    Hear, hear!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I did not want this to be yet another tiring analog vs digital discussion.I just wanted to kno if others also have formed an emotional bond with their camera and if that influences their photographic work?
    Of course! How could it not be so for us Leica Users. As the ads said for another product that some people enjoyed shooting with a hundred years ago, "It fits in your hand like the hand of a friend." The Leica never complains with I flirt with the beautiful Inba Ikeda or work with the elegant Graphic View: after 60 years with Leicas, they know where my heart is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, it does affect my work.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, no. I'm not in love with my camera.

But I would defend it if any man tried to lay his dirty hands on it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought it was a plug for a Nikon 800E...

A skilled and experienced photographer will create beautiful work from either digital or analogue. One is not inferior to the other, just a different means of reaching an end result and both can be, and have, emotional connections to the photographer, and the world he photographs. True dinks, mate, if somebody made off with one or all of my cameras, well, who would not be reduced to a trainwreck? So yes, I have an obvious emotional attachment — to both digital and analogue cameras I own because they have travelled so far and wide with me for so long and produced so many, many photographic works. A big trip through the outback of Australia later will serve to reinforce even more the working and emotional relationship of photographer and tools. There is also that undeniable zing that comes from viewing beautiful transparencies radiant and glowing on the lightbox. Opening files in Lightroom doesn't quite have the same knock-ya-knickers-off zap, but the prints most often do.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin