Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,336   Online: 781

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Camera Romance

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    that's nasty
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    Of course! How could it not be so for us Leica Users. As the ads said for another product that some people enjoyed shooting with a hundred years ago, "It fits in your hand like the hand of a friend." The Leica never complains with I flirt with the beautiful Inba Ikeda or work with the elegant Graphic View: after 60 years with Leicas, they know where my heart is.
    Did you start with the early Leica IIIs?

I'm just wondering if the move to the M-series was as big an evolution as it seems to me.

Did your photography get better?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    I thought it was a plug for a Nikon 800E...

A skilled and experienced photographer will create beautiful work from either digital or analogue. One is not inferior to the other, just a different means of reaching an end result and both can be, and have, emotional connections to the photographer, and the world he photographs. True dinks, mate, if somebody made off with one or all of my cameras, well, who would not be reduced to a trainwreck? So yes, I have an obvious emotional attachment — to both digital and analogue cameras I own because they have travelled so far and wide with me for so long and produced so many, many photographic works. A big trip through the outback of Australia later will serve to reinforce even more the working and emotional relationship of photographer and tools. There is also that undeniable zing that comes from viewing beautiful transparencies radiant and glowing on the lightbox. Opening files in Lightroom doesn't quite have the same knock-ya-knickers-off zap, but the prints most often do.
    why is it that alwaysthe folk with the most expensive gear insist that it is the guy behind the camera and not the camera who makes the difference
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    why is it that alwaysthe folk with the most expensive gear insist that it is the guy behind the camera and not the camera who makes the difference
    Because when they have the most expensive gear they find out that their work is no better and you can't buy creativity.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Because when they have the most expensive gear they find out that their work is no better and you can't buy creativity.
    Exactly! They are in the best position to know.

Although, I've had pros who use Hasselblad and Leica sneer at my Mamiyas and Minoltas.

The main difference is price though. Hasselblads and Leicas are five times more expensive. But they aren't five times better.

Japanese mechanics and optics are about as good as the classic Europeans. Sonetimes a little behind, sometimes a little better.
    Last edited by Jaf-Photo; 03-18-2014 at 05:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I did not want this to be yet another tiring analog vs digital discussion.I just wanted to kno if others also have formed an emotional bond with their camera and if that influences their photographic work?
    I'm in the heavy dating period with my Hasselblad 500C/M acquired last year. It's winning my heart. Since the kids left home I have been fortunate enough to have some spending money to woo all kinds of exotics; Mamiya 7, Leica M6, Linhof 4x5, ShenHao 5x7, Deardorff 8x10, xPan. I didn't want to die wondering! Anyway, the one I want to leave the house with most is now the Hasselblad. Who can explain romance? It just feels right for now...but will the love fade... is that the sultry whisper of disreputable Holga I hear calling?
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

It is said that you"like because" and you"love in spite of"

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    my photography got better with Hasselblad;maybe,because at tthat point I couldn't blame the equipment anymore and there was noother way than to work harder.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Quote Originally Posted by irvd2x View Post
    It is said that you"like because" and you"love in spite of"

Oops..slippery phone..where was I..
    Well,I like my Linhof Technorama,."Nora"I call her, I like her because she sees things the way I do! She is willing to look at things from my perspective,stays quiet when I'm concentrating,and..well..there are certain moments together where it "clicks".She likes it when we go places..she loves the great outdoors!.Sure,I have hand held others...Niky,Mamy,Hazel..and others...but Nora..though she has a wide body,and only one eye,well,she has shown me so much..helped me to see the bigger picture. I guess I've put her up on a pedestal.

She's happy...I got her her own bag. I have to confess I left her once...for a "new" face..I guess I wanted to keep up with the young crowd..and Nora started looking old fashioned..but..I missed her,dammit..no one saw things the way she did.So..I came crawling back.We are now together again..growing old together.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You named your cameras and call them by their names?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin