Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,093   Online: 1033

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

X-Rite 810 calibration step wedge

I've seen this question posted on APUG before and I still don't have the answer. I bought a used X-Rite 810 densitometer. It comes with a reflection calibration tablet, but it's missing a transmission step wedge. Does anybody know the densities of the particular patches on the step wedge? I looked at the manuals online and they don't specify the densities. Anything piece of information will be helpful. Thanks in advance
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Each one is different and you calibrate to the specific density of the wedge you are using.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the same densitometer as you.
    You can order new ones from x-rite. They are not very expensive as I recall.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I've seen this question posted on APUG before and I still don't have the answer. I bought a used X-Rite 810 densitometer. It comes with a reflection calibration tablet, but it's missing a transmission step wedge. Does anybody know the densities of the particular patches on the step wedge? I looked at the manuals online and they don't specify the densities. Anything piece of information will be helpful. Thanks in advance
    Each wedge is different slightly form each other. You set the 810 for the values on the wedge. The step that is used to calibrate (CAL high) is about 3.00 density. The CAL low is nothing. There are steps of 0.27, 1.50 and 3.75 to check for linearity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks Chan!

Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Each wedge is different slightly form each other. You set the 810 for the values on the wedge. The step that is used to calibrate (CAL high) is about 3.00 density. The CAL low is nothing. There are steps of 0.27, 1.50 and 3.75 to check for linearity.
    I have a Stouffer step wedge with known densities and I'll use it. I assume I can set the 0.27, 1.50 and 3.7 densities with my step wedge with similar densities also.

Thanks again!
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I have a Stouffer step wedge with known densities and I'll use it. I assume I can set the 0.27, 1.50 and 3.7 densities with my step wedge with similar densities also.

Thanks again!
    Yes! the other steps can be any values as they are used only to check if it reads correctly.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin