Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,056   Online: 1045

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

single-slide projectors

Did anyone ever make a slide projector that did 1 slide at a time?

I have no desire to store my slides in those giant carousels, nor to laboriously load and unload them just to be able to project. A projector where I can just drop a slide in would be great.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as I know, all projectors show only one slide at a time.

I have a GAF that takes round or cube magazines, but also has an editing feature for projecting one slide without loading a magazine.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Many old slide projectors had simple one-at-a-time mechanisms.

There are also stack loaders, which is even more convenient.

Not like me to be sour on any brand, but the Slide Cube series depends on square-cornered slides for feeding, and fails badly on rounded corner slides.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Minolta made a cute and clever Mini.

http://www.retrothing.com/2007/07/minolta-mini-35.html
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    I can recall "Aldis" slide projectors being standard in schools. One slide at a time in a to-and-fro sliding holder, with this being interchangable with a filmstrip attachment, which projected positives one at a time from a long roll of film winding from one spool to another, anything up to 50 or so frames to illustrate a lesson. Not seen an Aldis for a while, but they were solid grey or fawn finished metal, built like the proverbial battleship ! (A quick search shows lots on Ebay.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just remembered the Argus projector I hade a millenia ago, you fed it one slide at a time and no provision for a magazine.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Lietz made several, I have one which is circa 1950 but don't know the name of the model.. Unfortunately the bulbs are no longer available however I still have a one spare. Leitz also made one for public presentation which had a 300mm lens as standard circa 1960-65. The English firm of Aldis did several and can still occasionally be found on E bay etc.

Shooter
    35mm

slides

There were many single slide projectors going back to the days before electricity. Argus made the 300 which I just saw on eBay for $10, buy it now. Many held two slides so you could put one in or take it out while showing the other. The Argus is a snappy two tone blue color.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There had been several manufacturers in West- and East-Europe that manufactured such. The best known was Leitz. The better models of such projectors had a double frame slider. Thus whilst projecting one slide one could look for the next and put it into the slider making it ready for projection.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I have no desire to store my slides in those giant carousels, nor to laboriously load and unload them just to be able to project.
    I see no difference between putting one or two single slides into a tray or in succession into a slider.

Most straight-tray projectors can be stored including the tray very compact. Though often the space for the tray is used to take the electricity cable. One might cut a tray short though. Anyway such projectors can be very compact and those mere-slider projectors do not offer any benefits with prices of today, seen that even if the body might be smaller then still one half of the double slider would stand out. There are though models with turnable slider as the Fafix, but with inferior lens. For example the Pradovit Color tray-projector is very compact and got its own dust cap, turning the whole thing into a small case.
    Last edited by AgX; 04-06-2014 at 11:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin