Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,585   Online: 1088

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Currently there is not the slightest hint at films at the Minox site. Only at processing (old) film.
    Only reference at the moment is by Fotoimpex. So it is not even clear if Minox themself are still in the game.
    I got this from here: http://www.payworxx.de/minox/index.p...rm2fmshftml3e3
    Clearly says "available again in Summer of 2014". Like I say, I'll believe it when I see it>
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But Fotoimpex at least list those films and present a date of expected availability. That is better than nothing.

(That date though may be a pro-forma date.)
    Ah, my German from high school days is rather rusty (50 some years ago and not very good when new!) so I went to the English side; there it just says "Sold out" with no further explanation. So I just looked at the Deutscher side and indeed, I think they are saying July 30th.

I suppose it can be argued that summer doesn't end until September 21!

Anyway, thanks, maybe I'll yet exercise the little bugger.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Blue Moon and Minox on the distant horizon?

I contacted Blue Moon Camera and Machine (http://www.bluemooncamera.com) in Portland, OR about Minox film. They apologised for protracted negotiations (I suppose with Minox), but it sounds like they hope to get involved in the manufacture of fresh Minox cassettes by the end of 2014. It has taken them way longer than expected.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Currently there is not the slightest hint at films at the Minox site. Only at processing (old) film.
    Only reference at the moment is by Fotoimpex. So it is not even clear if Minox themself are still in the game.

Meanwhile I found that hint at the Minox site too... It is (most probably it was there a few weeks ago too) in their shop-section, listed under accessories:
    Availibility expected in late summer of this year.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Minox repairs

Hi, great to see some activity on the Minox front!

I unfortunately don't get on these sites much any more - now I'll be sure to keep more active. I admit there's not much on the Yahoo! message list... any of them, for that matter. Shoot 'em a message and you'll be sure to get at least a response or two. There's also an active user group on Flickr.

I'm not sure if he's still working on cameras, as I haven't contacted him in a while, but Don at DAG Camera up in Wisconsin, USA repairs (repaired?) Minox cameras. He did some work for me a while back and did excellent work. I don't have his number with me at the moment, unfortunately, but I know he has a website. As one of not many folks working on them, at least in the US, he can get busy quickly. I don't know if anyone closer to you still works on them.

Best of luck to you and hope to stay in touch.
    Cheers!

Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin