Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,475   Posts: 1,570,986   Online: 835

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentax Digital Spotmeter repair - who in US??

I just acquired a semi-functioning Pentax Digital Spotmeter. It seems to work and reading fairly closely matches my Sekonic. One thing that does not work is a right "dot" in the view finder where it would indicate +2/3. As someone who know this meter would be familiar, the reading in view finder consists of numeric display and two "dots". One dot means +1/3 and two dots means +2/3. Well, the right side dot do not illuminate.

I rather have this professionally repaired than try to do it myself. I would also want this calibrated.

I've contacted Pentax and awaiting response - but website says "case-by-case basis...." I'm not expecting a favorable response.

Are there anyone in United States who can still repair this meter and do a great job? Anyone have personal experience with any of the repair houses?

Thanks!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would contact either Richard Ritter or Quality Light Metric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both Quality Light Metric and Richard Ritter service these light meters - both are reliable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will contact them on Tuesday. Thank you very much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reporting back:

Sent my meter to Quality Light Metric. Came back functioning as new. The repair rate was very reasonable and it was pretty quick. Thanks for the recommendation.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin