Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,531   Online: 944

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Straps...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I'm puzzled. I never had such buckle release unintentionally.

EDIT: I see. I don't have such buckles at places were one typically grasps to hold the strap.
    Neither have I but it's an accident waiting to happen, and the first time it happens and bounces one of my Canon F1's on the floor for even the first time will be enough.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Pic of haul-up strap with velcro band through buckle to prevent accidental release when picking up — probably exactly what you found. This buckle is at the exact apex where the hand and fingers are when picking the camera up, so it really did require additional security. Never had an accident with it like this.

Attachment 88669

This very short strap — as I call it, a 'haul-up' for the big Pentax 67, is nowhere near the nuisance that a normal camera strap is e.g. flaying around in the wind, potentially tangling with the tripod during dismounting, arms getting caught in it... it's 50-50 photographers around the world will have their own preference and unique needs. Strictly speaking, straps detract from the useability of cameras in professional use because they are a potential liability for an accident or slowing things down during a shoot. Straps are all the rage for the latest and greatest digital cameras but do nothing at all for the large cameras (MF, LF) that are so much of the analogue world.
    I too use the "haul up strap method" as I usually just use it to help with getting my RZ67 onto the tripod. With my F100 I use that setup 90% of the time without using the tripod. I'm going to look for some Velcro to add like you did. Thanks for the heads up.
    It has to be true. I read it on the internet, and you can't lie on the internet!!!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
    +1 for the narrow, swivelless donkey; +10 for the best thing nikon ever produced: the AN-4B
    Best strap ever - it's the nicer version of the generic 70s-00s narrow, nylon webbing strap. Stays out of the way and does it job. For some more flash, there's the AN-4Y (usually, a dollar cheaper, too)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
    +1 for the narrow, swivelless donkey; +10 for the best thing nikon ever produced: the AN-4B
    I think you mean Domke., on the other hand you'd get a bigger kick from a donkey.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin