Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,343   Posts: 1,682,378   Online: 961

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Reinforced gold with diamonds. Good investment over time.
    Gold is the best material reflecting IR so your IR film won't be destroyed by sun and diamond for toughness of the case.

Cheap-chinese could be anodized aluminum with Swarovski crystals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentelic marble - it was good enough for the Parthenon.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Pentelic marble - it was good enough for the Parthenon.
    As used by gladiators.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Large Format
    What's that stuff they use to make "Peeps"?
    "Photography is a marvelous discovery, a science that has attracted the greatest intellects, an art that excites the most astute minds — and one that can be practiced by any imbecile." – Nadar, 1856

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    FWIW I don't believe any camera is one metal through and through.
    Well my soup can pinhole cameras do use a little square of aluminum ( aluminium for Clive ) for the pinhole.

But occasionally I make a pinhole camera out of an aluminum drink can, and then it's one metal through and through.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DannL. View Post
    What's that stuff they use to make "Peeps"?
    Oh god no - my Mom would eat it on site. She's addicted to those things.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    It would be useful to have somewhere for the light to get in, whether that is a hole or an assembly of glass parts, so how about a camera body made entirely of glass? Some of it would be black and probably painted, with other bits transparent.

I'm not sure how to make a glass spring to drive the shutter. Possibly a gravity powered "falling hole" shutter could be tried instead, but then you are limited somewhat in the orientation of your camera....

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To my inderstanding the Kiev 35 is built that way. Or at least to that effect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    It would be useful to have somewhere for the light to get in, whether that is a hole or an assembly of glass parts, so how about a camera body made entirely of glass? Some of it would be black and probably painted, with other bits transparent.

I'm not sure how to make a glass spring to drive the shutter. Possibly a gravity powered "falling hole" shutter could be tried instead, but then you are limited somewhat in the orientation of your camera....
    In the 19th century glass balance springs were experimented with on chronometers. I forget exactly why they were abandoned - probably the insane expense of making them and there were more practical methods of securing the desired result - but it wasn't fragility.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin