Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,473   Posts: 1,570,974   Online: 825

Shooter
    Multi Format

Soligor Digital vs Pentax Digital Spot Meters

I just received a Soligor Digital Spot meter (Zone VI modified). It looks very similar to the Pentax Asahi digital spot meter. But the Pentax is still selling at $300 or so, double or triple the price of the Soligor.

I know the Soligor is probably older and out of production. But is the Pentax Digital meter much newer?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    I just received a Soligor Digital Spot meter (Zone VI modified). It looks very similar to the Pentax Asahi digital spot meter. But the Pentax is still selling at $300 or so, double or triple the price of the Soligor.

I know the Soligor is probably older and out of production. But is the Pentax Digital meter much newer?
    The Soligor is actually newer but they continued to make the Pentax for a very long time way after the Soligor was dicontinued.
    For reference in Popular Photography Ad in May 1985 the price were:

Pentax Digital Spotmeter $168
    Pentax Spotmeter V $108
    Soligor Digital Spot Sensor $118
    Soligor Spotsensor II $93
    Minolta Spotmeter M $219

A lot of people like the Pentax so it demands high dollars for used ones.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin