Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,737   Online: 759

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

largest or smallest format cool qnd why?

no this isnt a serious thread .

what is the largest format camera and the smallest format camera that can be considered "cool"
    and why do you think so ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My freezer is cool. I don't aspire to be cool. If I were steve mcqueen, it'd be about cars and guns, not cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Format coolth is directly proportional to the length of the diagonal.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Formats aren't cool, but some cameras are.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Smallest, the Minox Ec. The largest, the Manarchy 16ft x 24ft view camera.

Why there are none larger or smaller. Cameras are just plain cool.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscons...51.html?ipad=y

http://www.amazon.com/Minox-EC-small.../dp/B0007A0FVW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    no this isnt a serious thread .

what is the largest format camera and the smallest format camera that can be considered "cool"
    and why do you think so ....
    Well as it is a serious thread, I'll say that in my opinion most film camera's have their own "coolnes" like humans, H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, etc. or, the human's that created them. I love using my current system, a medium format, the Pentacon Six TL, and to me it is seriously cool, its beast! It is sturdy looking, yet fits my hands, it has all the basics to get the job done, plus its 6X6, not that's cool! I'll over use the word cool and explain that my previuos system;'s were fully fuction and seriously cool, my Mamiya RB67 Pro S, a brick, but another proven work horse, and coupled with a Polaroid back, it got the job done in all its 6X7 glory. My Rollei 6008 Pro was killer as well, it was black, with chrome highlights, and had newer amenities, like a built in meter, and more for that 6X6 square goodness! As far as larger format's go, I like this GRAFLEX 4X5 I have seen lately that doesn't bust the bal,er, bank account, and it looks like a real killer system! any 8x10 should suffice and small, well Leica is your man, if you mean 35mm? most importantly, happy photography!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    8X10 cameras are always cool

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mods please delete my off topic statements I'm in no mood to be banned. Thank you and please accept my apologies

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aRolleiBrujo View Post
    Mods please delete my off topic statements I'm in no mood to be banned. Thank you and please accept my apologies
    Done. Small and cool is my Holga, big and cool, my RZ67! My large format cameras are too cumbersome to be cool. At least, I can't really look very cool using them. Not that the Holga or the RZ help in that department...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    Smallest, the Minox Ec. The largest, the Manarchy 16ft x 24ft view camera.
    There was a german 9.5mm camera in the 90's even smaller than a Minox EC. It could worn at ones wrist like a watch.

(The EC is one of the most neat designs, totally underrated.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin