Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,315   Posts: 1,536,691   Online: 904

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Spill/Containment Tray. Ideas?

I'm looking for ideas. I'm tired of having a wet work surface, and I think a spill/containment tray of some sort would be a good idea. I do a lot of color printing on a motor base. It would be nice to sit the motor base in something like a restaurant serving tray and keep all the drips and small spills contained. At the end of the session, I could just rinse it off and let it dry.

I can get an actual restaurant serving tray off of eBay, but I'm willing to improvise here. There must be something available in my local hardware or dollar store that will do the job just as well. Also, I'm worried that a restaurant tray will bow up in the middle over time, and I want something that will sit perfectly flat. Any ideas? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Someone here recently mentioned using a floor tray for a washing machine as a developing dish ... I didn;t even know such things existed but it might just suit your purpose instead ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A large cookie sheet from a restaurant supply. Maybe a floor tray that goes under a washing machine-they are big, 30"x 32".
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a tray that is designed to fit under a dish drying rack. The thin end hangs over the edge of the sink. It is easy to wash clean afterwards.

It isn't level, but my roller base has adjustable feet.

I paid $0.50 at the thrift store.

A largish print developing tray works well as well.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    Someone here recently mentioned using a floor tray for a washing machine as a developing dish ... I didn;t even know such things existed but it might just suit your purpose instead ?
    Thanks. I need something more shallow, though, and probably smaller -- say no less than 12 inches on the short edge and no more than 24 inches on the long edge.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    How about a large tray from a garden centre, they are dirt cheap .

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lots of good ideas. Thanks everyone. I picked up a dish drainer tray from Bed Bath & Beyond this afternoon. It's a little on the small side, but I think it might work.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin