Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,253   Online: 873

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren
    I keep my beloved on a "need to know" basis. I often see her in some "new" chlothes which she claim she have kept in the closet for "years". Sometime she sees my handling a lens I have had for "looong"
    But maybe that wont work with LF gear
    Søren
    Nah. She knows me too well, and she is one of those people who never buys things unless she needs them, and even then she agonizes over it. It is hard to justify another camera when you already have seven more than necessary. We definately have two different views of need.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    The cart rig I posted earlier is OK for level-ground hikes away from the car, but doesn't work well on inclines or rough trails. It does, however, allow me to take both the 8x10 and the 4x5, along with an array of lenses and accessories. ...
    Hm...you need some serious off-road tires for that rig, Ralph!

Soeren, you gotta find something that works for you! When I was in Maui, I stuffed the Hassy & the Canon in a bag meant for just one camera. It worked well for me, and I did not have to 'lug' the huge-o backpack. I think if I'd have taken that pack, I'd still be stuck at the inspection counters!

So it's all a matter of need. I'll tell you one thing that I find absolutely irreplacable is my photographer's vest. I feel like Inspector Gadget in the thing, but WOW...you can load that thing up with film, filters, more film...and do with a much smaller bag for gear!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hej Søren,

It seems I missed your thread about buying the Bronica, but I wouldn’t have talked you out of it! When I first bought my SQA I did the two-format thing for awhile, but found the 35mm was only being used for a light meter. I even tried to wean myself of the format by including a 35mm rangefinder in my pack, now I have even stopped pretending. I am more than satisfied with my results and am even looking for more weight to add to the pack.
    I have never really liked the harness systems of photopacks (though they may have improved, I haven’t tried one for a couple of years) and have always used a non-photo pack with a good support system, that I then modified. For me accessibility while I’m taking the photo is more important and I second Jeanette’s post POCKETS!
    As for the 35mm format itself have you considered a 35mm back for the Bronica? This way you only have to carry one camera.

Jason

Shooter
    35mm

What I do with my medium format

I own a 35mm system and a Mamiya RZ67 with 4 lenses. What I do is to leave my RZ in the closet at all times. I enjoy working in 35mm. This is not the first time that I have had two camera systems and use one of them exclusively...I am a slow learner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bon-jip
    Hej Søren,

It seems I missed your thread about buying the Bronica, but I wouldn’t have talked you out of it! When I first bought my SQA I did the two-format thing for awhile, but found the 35mm was only being used for a light meter. I even tried to wean myself of the format by including a 35mm rangefinder in my pack, now I have even stopped pretending. I am more than satisfied with my results and am even looking for more weight to add to the pack.
    I have never really liked the harness systems of photopacks (though they may have improved, I haven’t tried one for a couple of years) and have always used a non-photo pack with a good support system, that I then modified. For me accessibility while I’m taking the photo is more important and I second Jeanette’s post POCKETS!
    As for the 35mm format itself have you considered a 35mm back for the Bronica? This way you only have to carry one camera.
    Jason
    Hej Jason
    En Dansker mere på APUG ?
    Well no I didn' consider the 35mm back for my Zenzei I though it was some kind of panorama back. I just got the thing so another 120 back and a 40mm is what Im looking for now. That is when the account has recovered
    As mentioned earlier (I think) I mainly shoot slides with my 35mm gear the MF was originally meant for B&W. I may just as well learn the thing and start choosing. Hmm ælle bælle mig............... Nope won't work
    Sometimes when I really want to travel light I use a very small Lowe Pro bag
    with just enough room for 3 lenses. With that and the Nikon over my shoulders and some film in my pockets I can keep on and on and on and....
    It also works with the Zenzei and my arsenal of, in all, two lenses
    Regards Søren

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Søren,

No sorry I’m not a Dane, just an Australian that got side-tracked on his way home (please don’t mention Mary :rolleyes: ). The 35mm backs for the SQ series come in both a wide and a normal. The normal- N types are more common on Ebay and slightly cheaper 800-1000DKr with the wide-W backs going for 1200-1500 usually. I guess it depends on how heavily you rely on your Nikon lens –zoom and wide-angle for example. As you said, start shooting and see if you style of photography is compromised, I’ve always preferred fixed focus lens myself so the change wasn’t that great, though I am also on the look out for a 40mm.

Have fun.

Jason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mary who ?
    I use fixed focal lenghts only and in 35mm in the range from 20mm to 180mm + 2X TC.
    with "just" the 80mm and 150mm in MF there is some shoot im unable to make with the Bronica so I have to rely heavily on my Nikon.
    BTW Have anyone tried stacking the 80mm reversed on the 150mm that should give about 2:1 magnification on film ?
    I just reread the SQ-AM thread and found the SQ-Ai manual. So I should be up to date on my camera now (if anything else fails, read the manual)
    You may have found that Bronica aint to common here in DK
    How do you like our winter ? I don't
    Regards Søren

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The winter doesn't bother me too much (although I did have a month in Australia in November) it is the wind that gets to me!
    You're right about Bronica in DK, the few good deals I have seen I have always just missed. Oh well...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin