Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,652   Posts: 1,623,585   Online: 764

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

What is your favourite camera to SHOOT with, regardless of format/looks

Favourite camera EVER to use, disregarding format, film size, aesthetics, price, design faults.

Even if it looks like a brick with a hole in it or even if it IS a brick with a hole in it, what is your favourite camera to USE, that you can shoot all day and never get annoyed at a single feature.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps a tossup between the Pentax LX with winder and the Pentax ME Super with winder. Both are small, light, big clear viewfinders, and "wieldy", that is they fall readily to hand and are almost intuitive in use.
    This email is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and in no way are to be considered flaws.

Shooter
    35mm

Don't

I don't have one. A camera is a tool to get a job done. Ask me what my favorite monkey wrench is. It's the one that fits the nut I'm trying to tighten. However I did have a Standard Rolleiflex that was a lot of fun. Speed Graphics are a blast. Nothing beat the Nikon F in its day for versatility. I adore the feel of rangefinder film cameras like the Leica M2R I had, the small Canon Canonets (I have a half dozen of those) and so on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe that depends if "Favourite camera to use" means the most "fun" camera to use. As far as fun, I always have fun with my Speed Graphic, but for all around favorite it might be my Bronica SQ-A in medium format and my Nikon FA in 35mm. But if I think on this long enough I might come up with a different camera.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leica III. Feels good just to fondle it. Not the easiest to use though. That would be my Spotmatic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The "one" that I enjoyed the most, used to be my Mamiya 6 folder, until it was stolen. Now, no favorites. I loaded an Olympus OM-1, shot a couple of frames, and it sits on the shelf. I rolled out the other day with my 4x5, didn't expose any film.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is tough, especially when I have more cameras than I need. For medium format, I'd have to say my favorite is my first, my Pentax 6X7. For 6X6, I really do like using my Kodak Reflex II tlr despite having to re-spool 120 film on 620 spools. I've gotten some really nice images with it. I've used Rolleiflexes, Yashicas, etc., but there is something about the Reflex II that I really like. For 35mm, I do like my Pentax KX slr, and for a rangefinder, my Yashica Lynx 1000. I've got others that I love using, but those are probably my favorites.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's mostly the Wista 5x4"... followed by Fuji GW680III, followed by Rolleiflex...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was trying to give this a lot of thought. My Ensign 220 Auto folder has a gorgeous lens, is easy to focus, has a film counter (rare on older cameras) and a coupled rangefinder. No flash sync or shoe, however. My Yashica 44LM is a joy...I love the size...the viewfinder screen is bright and clear..it has a cold shoe and flash sync and a film counter. When I get or cut down film for it, it always goes out with me.
    My favorite, however, is probably my Zenobia folder. It lacks all bells and whistles but guess focusing seems to be spot on all of the time and it fits easily in my back pocket and is always a conversation starter. It really feels very natural to hold and use and consequentially is also a very fast shooter.

I'm sure tomorrow my answer will be different.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Minox GT. Small in size, high quality.

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin