Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,182   Online: 637

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

A backwards light meter.

Is there a digital meter that allows you to set a fixed aperture, and then get the shutter speed on metering, instead of the other way round. I need one for a constant wide open aperture study where the speeds change not the aperture.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Wayne,

My Sekonic allows me to do this, I can adjust based on speed or aperture with out a problem.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Gossen Ultra-Pro will do this ... sort of. f/stops can be set as priority, and shutter speeds within -0; +0.9 from that basic f/stop will be displayed. Example: I can set the meter to f/4.x and it will read 4 minutes @ f/4.0.7 or whatever decimal portion of a stop is appropriate.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like Ed, I also use an Ultra-Pro. Another thing I like about it is the availability of attachments. I use the Multi-beam and Luna-spehere attachments on a regular basis. Too bad these meters are no longer made...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any meter that allows aperture priority. My Sekonic 358 does. You can set F/stop and get shutter speed. Set shutter speed and get F/stop.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Any analog meter will do it even more easily - like the Gossen Lunasix, Pentax spotmeter, and hundreds of others

What's so great about digital meters?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin