Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,537   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ElrodCod
    It ranks right up there with the Disc and 110.
    Hey, watch what you say about 110 mister!
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall
    Hey, watch what you say about 110 mister!
    I second that!

Any one who diss'es 110 has to answer to my girlfriend (A fight you don't want to get into ;-)). She uses a Pentax 110 for a lot of her art stuff - extreme close ups, and lots of grain. Lovely cameras. The Rollei A110 is pretty cool too.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    I wound up shooting a couple of disposable APS cameras by mistake once....pretty interesting...how does one get the film out of the little casette?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GaussianNoise
    I wound up shooting a couple of disposable APS cameras by mistake once....pretty interesting...how does one get the film out of the little casette?
    Step 1: Grab hammer

Step 2: Oh, well, you get the point.....

There is even attachments for your NIkon coolscan, and such, to drop the whole cartridge in... Obviously, a cartridge thats been developed.. I'd like to get one for archiving my exsisting 40 rolls of aps film.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 127
    Any one who diss'es 110 has to answer to my girlfriend (A fight you don't want to get into ;-)). She uses a Pentax 110 for a lot of her art stuff - extreme close ups, and lots of grain. Lovely cameras. The Rollei A110 is pretty cool too.
    You two are doing weird formats

Images
    My Konica Qscan Came with an APS scanning carrier. I only tried it once when someone gave me a roll that they had shot. It really was a convenient way to handle film but I was never interested in buying a camera.

It is funny to think of how many small film formats have come and gone since 35mm was first put in a still camera.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    My Konica Qscan Came with an APS scanning carrier
    Or maybe I'll just pay you to scan my film and mail me some CD's....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    My Konica Qscan Came with an APS scanning carrier. I only tried it once when someone gave me a roll that they had shot. It really was a convenient way to handle film but I was never interested in buying a camera.

It is funny to think of how many small film formats have come and gone since 35mm was first put in a still camera.

but...does the scanner read the secret messages from the magnetic strip on the film edge?

Shooter
    35mm
    The good thing about APS is you can pick up some real bargains in new cameras, there are even a few new SLR's still lurking about if you look hard enough. I bought a shop-soiled Minolta S100 SLR for £42 (which is cheap) back in 2000 and have had some very nice results from it. In the UK, colour print film from Kodak, Fuji & Agfa is readily available in various speeds, as is processing and if you want most processors still offer the facility of producing a CD when you have your film processed.

Sadly it is a format that's clearly on it's way out so how many more years these options will be available is anyone's guess.

You can get from www.7dayshop.com and no doubt elsewhere APS film cassette storage cases that store ten cassettes & thumbnail prints and provide an index. These are exactly the size of a VHS cassette which is very handy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I saw APS, I always wondered why they didn't reintroduce the 1/2 frame 35mm cameras instead, and save themselves the packaging, marketing, and consumer confusion of yet another format.

Personally, i'm waiting for 616 to come back, but that's just me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin