Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,191   Online: 742

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

So I went to this Estate sale....

...and I found this fascinating light meter! It's called a Weston Master II Universal Exposure Meter. I picked it up & the little red indicator thing-y moved. Hm.... I looked & no sign of batteries. So I did the only thing I could do at the time... I bought it. I hope I got an ok deal. I spent 2USD. I found a manual for it online! How cool is that? I love the thing & the Hasselblad loves having company that doesn't have batteries.

They had a few plastic cameras there called Ansco (sp???) they had fixed lenses, but there were cases that had two like 'auxilary lenses' that screwed on the front. Have no clue about those cameras except they were 35mm. I was tempted to buy one of those, but I have a hard enough time with the cameras I have! haha
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Images
    If it still works and is accurate it is a great deal. If not it is a nice, classic piece historical photographic memorabilia.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I checked it against my other light meter (which costs WAY more than 2 bucks) and my Canon Elan 7...and guess what...it's right there! I am one happy camper!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The II would be measuring Weston not ASA/ISO but it's pretty close to the same. $2 is a very good price.

I bought an Ansco this week to. But it's a little bigger-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What an awesome find, Jeannette - Congratulations! One of my favorite local camera stores is moving and trying to reduce some of their used inventory prior too. Lots of old cameras, meters and such that they used to display for decoration were up for grabs for very little money. I bought an old 35mm (don't remember the make but it has the word 'Karat' on the front) with a lens that pops out and a tiny set of bellows behind it; built like a tank and by golly, it works! Yippee! But my son feels like he got a better deal... He spent two of his dollars for an old flash doohickey that, according to his imagination, is a stellar spy device!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    What an awesome find, Jeannette - Congratulations! One of my favorite local camera stores is moving and trying to reduce some of their used inventory prior too. Lots of old cameras, meters and such that they used to display for decoration were up for grabs for very little money. I bought an old 35mm (don't remember the make but it has the word 'Karat' on the front) with a lens that pops out and a tiny set of bellows behind it; built like a tank and by golly, it works! Yippee! But my son feels like he got a better deal... He spent two of his dollars for an old flash doohickey that, according to his imagination, is a stellar spy device!
    That would most likely be an Agfa.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool! Let's start posting our neat garage/yard/estate/antique store sale finds here.

Yesterday I went up to a local antique store and found one of my dream cameras: a Super Ikonta B in fantastic!!! condition. I've got a roll ready to load up now
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice find!

Be warned, though. I have a similar WestonMaster and, whilst in good / fair light it's very accurate, in poor light it lies like a scouser in a suit!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Cool! Let's start posting our neat garage/yard/estate/antique store sale finds here.
    OK, I'll bite. My Retina IIa (50mm f/2 Xenon) - in excellent working condition - was bought at a thrift store for $5.00. I could hardly contain myself until I left the shop...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    ...and I found this fascinating light meter! It's called a Weston Master II Universal Exposure Meter. I picked it up & the little red indicator thing-y moved. Hm.... I looked & no sign of batteries. So I did the only thing I could do at the time... I bought it. I hope I got an ok deal. I spent 2USD. I found a manual for it online! How cool is that? I love the thing & the Hasselblad loves having company that doesn't have batteries.

They had a few plastic cameras there called Ansco (sp???) they had fixed lenses, but there were cases that had two like 'auxilary lenses' that screwed on the front. Have no clue about those cameras except they were 35mm. I was tempted to buy one of those, but I have a hard enough time with the cameras I have! haha
    Cool! I usually don't have such luck.

Okay, my one and only great deal was a Kodak 203 mm f7/7 in Supermatic shutter for $49.95 at the local camera shop last year. And it works great!
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin