Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,464   Online: 953

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Internship at my Lab

We are in the last stages of our first internship here, A young lad from France has joined us for 9 months and will be finishing off his stay Aug 2005.
    We are now looking for his replacement to do a 9 month internship with us.
    Mac, was sponsored by the French Gov't and we supplied a small monthly financial stipend. As well the applicant would need a work visa.
    We found this to be a wonderful experience for us and I believe that the hands on tranining Mac is recieving will carry him well into the future.
    Skills from photographic capture, film processing, printing and framing were aquired, as well working with high end digital printing devices are taught.
    At the end of his internship he is having a 2 month show here at our gallery that he produced completely by himself.
    If any one here knows of someone looking for an unique experience in another Country, please pm me and I wil send a more detailed description as well Mac's view of the experience.

Images
    Sounds like one hell of an opportunity.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd agree - an excellent opportunity for some young person looking to learn. Kudos for the program, Bob.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    We are in the last stages of our first internship here, A young lad from France has joined us for 9 months and will be finishing off his stay Aug 2005.
    We are now looking for his replacement to do a 9 month internship with us.
    Mac, was sponsored by the French Gov't and we supplied a small monthly financial stipend. As well the applicant would need a work visa.
    We found this to be a wonderful experience for us and I believe that the hands on tranining Mac is recieving will carry him well into the future.
    Skills from photographic capture, film processing, printing and framing were aquired, as well working with high end digital printing devices are taught.
    At the end of his internship he is having a 2 month show here at our gallery that he produced completely by himself.
    If any one here knows of someone looking for an unique experience in another Country, please pm me and I wil send a more detailed description as well Mac's view of the experience.
    Bob, if he developed skills to become half the printer you are, he'll go very, very far! Sounds like a great opportunity for someone...
    Last edited by bobfowler; 03-18-2005 at 01:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    do you accept 45 year old disaffected Americans?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin