Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,997   Posts: 1,633,359   Online: 1066

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Spy Film for Minox Cameras Now Available!

Just received this email, and although I do not shoot this format, I know that many others did and may wish to again! I have no affiliation to Blue Moon Camera and Machine or receive any monetary gain from the announcement and/ or subsequent sales.

Blue Moon Camera's Spy Film for Minox cameras is now available! The film has been spliced and loaded at our facilities in Portland, Oregon and eagerly awaits your orders. Those on this mailing list are the first to be notified. Orders will be filled in the order they are received.

The film is currently available in 36 exposures in the following emulsions:
    Kodak Portra 400-color
    Kodak Ektar 100-color
    Ilford Delta 400- black and white
    Ilford Delta 100- black and white

Each cassette is $20.00.

If you have an additional questions, please read our Minox FAQ, found here.

We look forward to getting your Minox cameras back into action. Hope to hear from you soon.

Orders can be placed by calling our shop at (503) 978-0333. Thank you.

Blue Moon Camera and Machine

Shooter
    35mm
    In the UK Ms Hobbies is importing Sharan 8x11 film from Japan in new cassettes. It's probably Acros and 400H. This film is also on ebay direct from Japan.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought I registered for an email but haven't seen one yet. I have to admit at those prices, it's not likely I'll be buying dozens at a time! But since the only roll currently in my possession has a 1970-something date, I guess I owe to my Minox B to try a fresh roll.

Looks as though the Blue Moon site doesn't do online orders?

(Yeh, I want everything!)

Shooter
    35mm
    They haven't updated the site for online orders yet, but are happy to take your order over the phone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aha! A few days back I got an email from Blue Moon that indicated availability and also said one can order via their website, so >>presto!<< I have two rolls of the Delta 100 on the way. This afternoon the USPS tracking number tells me the package is in Philly, so the rolls could at my post office tomorrow. I fear the price will make it an infrequent occasion, but we'll see what we can do -- maybe the results will be so wonderful with a new modern emulsion that I'll go Minox crazy ...

Unfortunately I may not get to the PO until Wednesday given the current weather forecast. Although methinks the Minox B would be extremely difficult to operate with heavy gloves on, so the exact delivery date shouldn't be critical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the update , but I quit spying years ago .
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    The various Minox company websites (different one for each world area I think) are listing colour and black-and-white film with an availability date of 'Spring 2015', although this was previously January and February so it could be one of those "time until availability tends to a constant" things.

I made a slitter but haven't made the track for it yet, and probably the spacing will need changing also. From some time ago, I have a B and an EC which haven't been used for ages. When the slitter and the modified dev-reel are running nicely I'll put a few pictures in one of the Minox threads here. Unfortunately this might take some time . . . all my silly ideas are slowing each other down, but it's all fun.
    Last edited by MartinP; 02-17-2015 at 12:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added the link to Minox website-shop

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yay! It actually reached my PO box Tuesday, but the weather was not conducive to travel. So it's real! (Well true, I have not opened the container or shot a roll yet.) Actually, the shipment was quite prompt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	159194257.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	103679

I currently have a bunch of scheduled stuff in the way, but one of these days we'll try it!

And then I also have to figure out where the camera is "safely put away" --- this time! That's the trouble with those little bitty cameras!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I saw many Minox B cameras with excellent shape , ergonomy , and Leitz engineer designed lens and too many precision parts all costs me 55 dollars, cheaper than air.

Well it comes to order 20 dollar film , comes with 12 dollar shipment , goes back to processing 12 dollar ,and print and shipping back to me cost another 40 dollars.

One roll of photographs costs more than the camera , 80 dollars or so.

Its like buying an mercedes and travelling to cafe and come back home costs more than the mercedes !!!!!!

I would cut 35mm bw film , process it and scan.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -“–“-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin