Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,173   Online: 837

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Couldn't agree more. I think that knowing REAL photography does make it easier to pick up some fairly complicated concepts in PS.
    I think this site is a wonderful thing to help educate those that wish to travel the path that we have travelled.
    A New Project! Transformations 02/02/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    Community Colleges would be doing their students a disservice to keep teaching them how to use 35mm instead of digi. .
    I wonder. Last week I heard some one claiming he was keeping up on digital darkroom [how I hate that phrase] to have marketable skills. That reminded me of a couple of things. We have quite a bit of filming here in Hollywood north. A couple of years back I saw an announcement that they had setup a special highspeed secure net connection to nightly send the digital files to LA for processing. Over on the LF forum awhile back people were discussing shipping negatives to India for scanning etc. I can't help but think the vast majority of that sort of work will sooner or later drift to the lowest wage area possible.

The same way today the guy making buggy whips can make more money then the guy changing the oil in a horseless carriage I wonder how long until the same is true with traditonal versus digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

LensWork Forum is back

Everything was lost from the old one, so you'll have to re-subscribe.

http://lenswork.com/stl-web/bulletin/bb/index.php
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Say thanks by subscribing to his magazine.
    I already have every one... It's the only photography magazine that I have a subscription to.

About the bolg, I just heard it this morning...

Nice to hear someone with the audience and stature that Brooks has give this forum credit as a NECESSARY part of the photography world.

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This one had two great features for me: First, I fully agree with his point that photographers who don't learn analog photography are missing something important. Second, he gives APUG a great mention...that couldn't be anything but good.

I always listen to his commentaries, even when the subject has nothing to do with my interests. The reason is that, if nothing else, he always makes me think. (In fact, this may be the first of his audio blogs that didn't make me think...this one I already agreed with in every way.) He spends a lot of time discussing things that I don't work with, but even listening to his comments on the digital side of the world almost always gives me something to ponder.

His is the only magazine I subscribe to. Not the only photographic magazine, but the only magazine period. I still buy others, but can't be bothered subscribing as I don't trust that every issue will be worth reading. LensWork always is.

Congratulations to Sean on having created a community worthy of the attention it's gotten, and congratulations to Brooks for giving APUG the attention it deserves.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin