Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,750   Posts: 1,670,554   Online: 1011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sekonic 308s Users

In reading the specs on this unit I've found so far is that the maximum readout for time is 60 seconds? Can anyone verify this for me. As a very low light and slow speed film user it's not hard to get pushed into more then 60 seconds at times of sunrise and sunset. In looking around at other meters most will read out in multi-minutes.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Images View Post
    In reading the specs on this unit I've found so far is that the maximum readout for time is 60 seconds? Can anyone verify this for me. As a very low light and slow speed film user it's not hard to get pushed into more then 60 seconds at times of sunrise and sunset. In looking around at other meters most will read out in multi-minutes.
    Long time doesn't mean that it capable of low light measurements. The specs said that it range is EV0 to EV19.9 with ISO100
    Last edited by Chan Tran; 04-10-2015 at 08:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Long time doesn't mean that it capable of low light measurements.
    Yes.

Precision and accuracy are two different animals. The instrument may be precise enough to read down to 60 seconds, while at the same time not be accurate enough to be correct when reading at that level of precision.

Or then again, it may. I don't own one so I leave to others who do to fill in that blank.

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To simplify things a bit does anyone who might have the 308s meter will it readout beyond 60 seconds of timed exposure?

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have the older L-308 (non-S version). 60 seconds is indeed the longest time it can display.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all for taking time to comment. It looks like a neat unit for quick easy usage and I'm sure meets most needs.

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    35mm
    It quits and shows error in low light. It is also not good as a flash meter with flashes faster than full power.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by APUGuser19 View Post
    It quits and shows error in low light. It is also not good as a flash meter with flashes faster than full power.
    After reviewing the specs further it will not be too useful for my needs.
    Thank you for this candid review.

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    35mm
    You sound like a Luna Pro SBC might suit you, although there's no flash meter mode.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by APUGuser19 View Post
    You sound like a Luna Pro SBC might suit you, although there's no flash meter mode.
    Might be, I never use flash.......

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin