Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,689   Online: 975

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    "I made one our of denium". What's denium?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What do you need a photographer's vest for?
    I am sure you can fit EVERYTHING in your purse...
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another alternative for the "keeping us in stitches" department. Buy a "denium" shirt, cut off the sleeves, and use that fabric for additonal sewn-on pockets and flap closures toward the bottom of the shirt. Add some Velcro closures, and you're good to go.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    What do you need a photographer's vest for?
    I am sure you can fit EVERYTHING in your purse...
    LOL! No!

And I can't sew either I can cook, make my own jewelry, drive like Mario Andretti (sp?) - lots of fun and interesting talents that I can claim as my own. But sewing... not on your life!

If I don't find anything I will have to beg my dear mother-in-law to help me out; Now that woman can sew!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    If I don't find anything I will have to beg my dear mother-in-law to help me out; Now that woman can sew!
    I was going to reply that I have 3, but after you mentioning getting someone else to sew for you, I remembered that I had a fourth years ago. My sister made it for me - maybe out of cotton canvas IIRC - but it's long been "outgrown".

I bought a fishing vest at Walmart. Cheap, not too hot, but also wouldn't hold enough of my manly gear.

So, I bought a Domke. Excellent quality, but substantial. I don't know if it will roast a turkey, but it can reheat leftovers.

Just a few months ago, however, I was in a camera shop and they had a "Hakuba" vest on clearance for about $10. It said it was "XL", but fit me OK - my Domke is a medium. After I got it home, I noticed that it was a women's vest, at least based on the fact that the snaps are, for lack of a better word, reversed. Just like on all my wife's shirts! So, maybe Hakuba makes women's vests in smaller sizes. Also, it is all mesh except for the pockets and not as hot.

Good luck on your quest. Vests are just like camera bags/cases. I'm still searching for the right one ...

Cheers.

David

Images
    My vest doesn't seem to be photographic or fishing specific but it is great, Made out of Cotton with lots of velcro to keep pockets closed (no car keys lost somewhere out on the trail) and epaulets to keep camera straps from sliding off the shoulder. So many pockets inside and outside, front and back that I have actually lost items in it. I can feel that filter that I need somewhere within the fabric of the vest but can't figure out which pocket it is in and how to get to it . Mine is is probably large enough for digidurst to use as a tent but I'm just saying that there are alternatives out there.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 'outdoor' stores would be a good choice...I have a photo vest made by LL Bean, well made, but not comfortable - then one that came from Banan Republic..last one don't remember where it came from, was on a discount rack (seems like it may have been from Eddie Bauer) anyway, it has a mesh back so it is much cooler than the others, lots of pockets, inside and out and has seen a lot of use when I was doing 35mm. Have not had it out since I moved to MF/LF...hmmmm! may need to drag it out. Would cut down on the amount of gear in bags.

One warning..remember that what you put in the pockest will increase in weight, so by the end of the day you will swear you are carrying an extra 30 or 40 lbs.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    ...by the end of the day you will swear you are carrying an extra 30 or 40 lbs.
    Not to mention the extra 30 or 40 lbs. some of us are already "carrying" ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    Not to mention the extra 30 or 40 lbs. some of us are already "carrying" ...

Hey, I didn't think we had met..but you know me already...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hortense
    "I made one our of denium". What's denium?
    My typo way of saying blue jean material.

You could always do something completely different and ward off the sun more.

http://suitcasecoat.com/index.html
    Non Digital Diva

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin