Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,559   Posts: 1,573,292   Online: 943

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My Studio is in my home. I don't go out when I use it .... Figure Studies, Portraiture, Transparencies of Art work for Submission.... Whatever.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't get stuck indoors much but, last time I was, I shot the Rainy Day Rooster.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, I am faced with that now, except I am stuck in a hotel with precious little time. With those constraints, I think I can photograph a two story spiral marble staircase. It will amuse me for a couple of hours, I think.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ruth Bernhard has said some of the best photography is no more then 50 feet from your home and I would agree.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert8x10
    Ruth Bernhard has said some of the best photography is no more then 50 feet from your home and I would agree.
    I would agree with Ruth. I've tried some still lifes before. Called them my "Bored Winter Still Lifes". They sucked too! No natural talent for that forte.

New project will be the grand daughter. Stocking up on 4x5 polaroid for that one!
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    wow, this is a lot of fun to read -
    thanks for posting, and thanks for the food for though!

i hope i get to read some more of them
    -john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am faced with the home bound situation practically every day. I am no longer able to stand or walk for more than a few minutes, so I spend a great deal of time in a wheel chair or on an electric scooter thing. I don't see it as any kind of handicap, as my world is filled with wonderous things. I don't think I will ever run out of things here in the house to make pictures of. I still have thousands of negatives and prints that have survived several natural disasters to putter with. So I can easily say I am not bored. I usually avoid the kitchen stuff as so many others have already done it much better than I could. You will find me set up on something that inerests me almost daily at one of our many windows. I have a north skylight in the dining room that provides
    excellent light. For subject matter I am surrounded with lots antiques, firearms, pistols, an especially side by side shotguns. I also have just a few feet from the back door a shop set up with lathes, a milling machine and several other power tools. I at times set up and shoot images of stuff I am working on on the lathe or what ever. My large back yard could serve as a studio all by it's self. Behind the shop is where my real treasures are hidden,
    Jim Galli describes that area in his post. All kinds of stuff resides back there.
    old motorcycles, trailers, trucks and my scrap steel for building projects.
    Nuff said about my being house bound, I miss climbing mountains, chasing trains and all that, but then I have already done that, so being house bound
    is simply a fresh chapter of life for me to explore!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Charles, you have a wonderful attitude. My hat is off to you, and all the best in your new chapter.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Until recently, I had an in-home studio, as well - small, but workable. My favorite time-filler or itch-scratcher targets are, like numerous others, stuff from around the house or the garage.

8x10 Polaroid 804
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I go down at my father's photographic bag, steal the 100 mm macro, and shoot B&W macros of anything that i can get my hands on. Having a father that's involved with photography seriously helps a lot, hehe. Plastic flowers, scratched metal, stripes on sheets, anything that has a strange form. Some times i go for long exposures, others for multiple exposures, i place things on black cards and mix them in strange ways... Oh well, i should be on anti-psychotics prescription... =)

-Sino.
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin