Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,925   Online: 879

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Densitometer Reflection Calibration

I just recieved at Macbeth TR-927, and need to calibrate the reflection part. This would usually be done with an included plate that had known density targets on it....unfortunately I don't have it. Any idea where one could be found? Thanks!
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    X-Rite still manufactures Densitometers and Calibration Wedges and Reflection Plates to go with them. Their Reflection Calibration Standard Plate sells for $71.00. I'm not sure of your calibration process but with my 810 I just read the plates three different densities and tune the densitometer to what X-Rite says the plate should read. I hope some of this helps.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I got mine from Macbeth a few years back. It cost me around $150.00.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The TR-927 gets calibrated using the green channel for reflection (ortho for transmission), and the calibration reference should be marked accordingly. Call Macbeth on 845 565 7660. I think that the current price is around $160.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    35mm
    Helen where have you been and what have you been doing? Never mind it is probably too exciting for an old man to hear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang, the target is gonna cost more than the unit itself...lol. Oh well...time to start saving again. Thanks everyone!
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ron, you dont need to buy a manufacturer's calibration plate, all you need is a calibrated reflection step tablet. Stouffers has them for $30.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpixels5
    I just recieved at Macbeth TR-927, and need to calibrate the reflection part. This would usually be done with an included plate that had known density targets on it....unfortunately I don't have it. Any idea where one could be found? Thanks!
    I've got the calibration plaques for my Heiland if you want to drop by and borrow them sometimes. Let me know. 713-725-7924

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Jorge! I completely forgot about Stouffer. I have a 4x5 step tablet around here somewhere, but its uncalibrated. Thanks for the offer Clay, but I think I'll go ahead and buy the stouffer ones(transmission & reflection), since the prices are so attractive. Somehow I won this unit for a whopping $20 and it arrived today. To my suprise, it measures UV density too! I tested a few negatives, and everything seems to be in working order, but I wanted to check something of a known density so that I knew for sure. The calibration sticker says that it was last calibrated about this time last year.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just a thought---

Why don't you take your uncalibraed step tablet to someone (a friend or even a local one-hour lab) and have them calibrate it? Cheaper than buying another one.
    —Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin