Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,928   Online: 871

Shooter
    35mm

Useful links for my up coming website

Hi All,

I'm having a website put together for my Camera Repair business and
    I wanted to include some useful links for all you, so I was thinking, well... why not ask all you folk what you might want to see there, what are some of your favorite websites for finding, hard to find items, best priced items, ect.

Thanks,

Carol

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Apart from "the usual suspects" (main lens manufacturers including Schneider's historical data, APUG, camera manufacturers and suchlike), I suggest you include http://www.classic-cameras.info/camindexe.html which is a very good reference of some older cameras and shutters from Germany (and other German-speaking areas).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For used equipment, I like www.keh.com and www.mpex.com. And of course if you want to bring in lots of business, just link to the choice categories, like LF Lenses, on eBay, since at least half of those old shutters need a CLA.

For film and chemicals, www.jandcphotography.com, www.bostick-sullivan.com, www.artcraftchemicals.com, and www.photoformulary.com

For info, there's www.apug.org, lfphoto.info, graflex.org, f32.net

This guy doesn't seem to have his website set up yet, but he made me some really nice custom filmholder belt packs for Grafmatics and for the 5x7" bag mags I use with the 5x7" Press Graflex--http://tedsphotogear.com/
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Is this THE Carol...the famous large format shutter repair person in Whittier, CA?
    Welcome! I have an alphax shutter on my old ciro-flex that I've been meaning to send your way.

As far as useful links and info for your website....well, the competion (Sk Grimes) has some very useful information about shutters (dimensions, basic descriptions, history, what fits what, some comparison of build quality and craftsmanship, etc...) I'm not suggestion you link their site...but, this kind of info is invaluable. You could accumulate the info as you do your work. Of particular interest to me, and probably some others would be more info about the Wollensak Rapax shutters.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, that's me! I wouldn't say famous though!! When you get around to sending me your shutter let me know!!

TO ALL who have and will post a reply....Thanks you!!, it's a lot of help for me, to know what site you all use and trust!

Carol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow David, that just about covers it...might want to add lens and repro and maybe the view camera store or maybe Stouffer . But that is just me..

Glad to see you getting a web page set up..and yeppers another person that is in need of a good CLA, an old optar that just does not want to work anymore....
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Carol,

Glad to see you getting a website up and running, I really think it will be a real asset to the LF community, I would be happy to trade links with you if your so inclined.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a guessin' this is somewhat covered in the various above posts, but I think a synopsis of the multitude of LF shutter types (Rapax, wollys, compur, copal, etc.) Info on the types, opening size, how to date them, etc. It's always nice to have an informative area on the same site vs. having to open links for "more info".
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin