Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,865   Online: 1095

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Images
    I like manual 35mm SLRs, No autofocus, no multi-mode matrix metering, no multi-function LCD screens and it must have a thumb advance lever or it just doesn't look right. In other words, I like to actually participate in the photographic process rather than just pointing the camera and letting it make all the decisions.
    Needless to say, I don't own a camera that has been in production in the past ten years.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley
    Dianne,

This is soooo correct!! A couple of times now in threads related to environmental concerns re: photography, I've brought up the subject of "cradle to grave" costs and the level of responsibility we should bear as photography consumers - no-one seems to care much though.

cheers

It's alot more then just photography. A few days ago I caught a clip on Ed Begley [the actor]. He is so proud of his clean electric car. That's nice but no mention on how that electric power is being created.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, Nick, to drag this thread sort of back on topic, ages ago you were skeptical about my plans to have the late Steve Grimes make an adapter to hold my 260/10 Nikkor-Q (also known as Process Nikkor) in front of a #1 for use on my 2x3 Speed Graphic. The lens is in Woonsocket now with Steve's successors. With luck, I'll have it back by the end of June. And then I'll finally find out whether it is better than the 10.16"/9 Taylor Hobson Copying Lens I've been shooting on the Speed. Crappy old graphics arts lens on a crappy old graphic camera. What could be more obnoxious or better?

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have no use for 'auto' equipment or digital for that matter. I use a Canon FTb
    and Bronica C, 70s and 60s respectively. My wife uses a Minolta SRT and
    Rolleiflex Automat, 70s and 40s. She also has early Kodak boxes and Ansco
    folders that don't get used. For me, taking a light reading, comparing it to my
    evaluation, setting the shutter variables and composing the shot are as much of
    a joy to me as the end result- the processed image. If I had to use a camera
    that was not manual/mechanical/adjustable, I would pick a fixed focus and
    aperture bakelite box over any electronic camera that did it all for me. I am
    proud to be a Luddite and a believer in KISS- Keep It Simple, Stupid. I just
    hope that film remains available for this magic light recording medium. Jim.

DKT

if that's the case, then use a view camera...it doesn't get much mechanically "simpler" or purer than that....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin