Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,128   Online: 1093

Shooter
    Multi Format

Question on selling photographs

I have recently been presented with the opportunity to sell some of my work. The pieces of interest are some poloroid transfers of Chicago. However, I don't currently sell my work, so this is the first time and I'm not sure how much to charge for an individual transfer. I'm sure I can put any price tag I want on them, since it is my artwork, but I was wondering if anyone can help me out and let me know how much they charge or would charge for something like this...so I can get a rough idea of the going rate for poloroid transfers.

Thanks,

Alex

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't know if it helps, but if this lady is actually selling, I take my hat off to her:
    http://www.kathleencarr.com/artwork/ordering.html
    ($400 for a 4x5" transfer in an 8x10" mat).

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    yes, she does sell at those prices.

What size transfers? Are these the orginals or reproductions? Framed or unframed?

A friend of mine sells a lot of transfers, of various sizes. She has several on exhibit right now and the AP of the reproduction, framed is 495. The transfer is an 8 x10 with the over all size maybe a11x14

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin