Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,193   Online: 1167

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am very sorry. I'm glad you and your family are ok and hope you get what is yours back and those who did this get theirs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear of your losses! I was just wondering what area of S.D. you're in. My family lives in the area and I'd like to send up a warning flag to them.

S

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wow! that really sucks!!! I can only imagine the feeling of invasion you and your family feel. So sorry to hear about it. Hopefully they(the theives) will get what they deserve.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My sincere sympathies,

We got bumped too, about two weeks ago. We were lucky though, because when the thieves got in they set off the security system. They only managed to grab a few things before they had to scram.

I hope that it all works out allright; the hardest part is searching out the more rare cameras and lenses that you've worked hard to acquire.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My sympathies as well. It happened to our family when I was in high school. Lost all my cameras too, but fortunately we were insured, and I kept good lists with serial numbers. They caught the burglars, but the cameras were gone by then. Insurance paid, though, so it worked out in the end.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am sorry to hear about this...hopefully some of the Ebay browsers will keep an eye out. I know that Photo.net had a listing area of stolen camera equipment. I am not sure if it helps..

Sorry again,
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really sorry as well, and glad you and the family are safe. Couple of points to consider, the mamiya site has a registery so if your equipment is listed there maybe an honest person will notify you /police if the mamiya stuff shows up. 2nd, while I have not been hit by these types of acts, know others that have and without fail it seems like the preps pay a repeat visit in 6 months or so, after they think everything was replaced by insurance. Not trying frighten, but these are just the way these crooks work..if you get an alarm, make sure to use it and that it is monitored..or at the very least a dog can sometimes change the outcome. Good luck...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am sorry to hear this. I hope the police get these guys. You should also post your loss on the Photo.net stolen equipment registry. Here's the link: http://www.photo.net/registry/index.tcl

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's terrible, I hope you can track it down

We have a monitored alarm system, but when some of these crims can knock off a house in under 3 minutes, not sure it would do much good..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Marks suggestion that you circulate a description of the stolen gear is a very good one, also try camera shops who buy or part exchange equipment I managed photographic shops for nearly twenty years, and probably a proportion of the equipment we were offered was stolen, but the police never came in with any lists of it, you just had to use your instincts before accepting it,.and call the cops if you were suspicious.

I sympathize with you I know how it feels, I have been burgled twice, and had a much loved Nikon F outfit stolen, they even emptied my childrens money boxes.
    I know it's painful now, you will feel this way for some time, but time heals,try to look foreword not back, and keep your spirits up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin