Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,827   Online: 1022

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    Had 'em in 9x9" aerial recon cameras... talk about a spendy platform.
    Also in smaller ones. The people who use that class of kit don't know the meaning of money.

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    a small (as in no larger than needed), handholdable 6x9 RF with interchangable, rf coupled, leaf shutter, lenses in focal lengths of 35 - 180mm and wide apetures of f2,8 or 3,5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    a small (as in no larger than needed), handholdable 6x9 RF with interchangable, rf coupled, leaf shutter, lenses in focal lengths of 35 - 180mm and wide apetures of f2,8 or 3,5.
    I'd like one of these, too, but the demand always seems just a bit too small - witness the demise of the Mamiya Press and the Fuji rangefinders - Mark I (which I've never seen) of the GW690 apparently did have interchangeable lenses, the whole series has of course now been discontinued.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like you just described a Miniature Speed Graphic (with either Kalart or top RF; Kalart is more versatile, doesn't require matched cams) -- except that also has the focal plane shutter, in case you need to use a barrel lens or your leaf shutter is too slow. Takes sheet film or rolls with the adapter (the later 23 roll backs even had lever advance and automatic framing). Let's see, that was, what, 1940? Or little earlier?

Well, okay, the Baby Speed doesn't have room in the front standard for big glass, and the bellows will get pretty solid at about 65 mm focal length...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

I feel that I've added a lot to the field already with my incredible Glowworm as well as the amazing Nutball Filter.

But a weight loss portrait lens would be handly. Takes off the ten pounds that normal photography seems to add, plus an additional ten.

Unfortunately, can't be used with super models or else the image would look like an X-ray.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Might be hard to find a system with a lens range that wide or that fast, but something like the Linhof Press 70 with the helical focusing lenses, Graflex XL, or Mamiya Press might about fit that description.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    As a discussion point, I have drawn the analogy of film cameras to the Cuban automobile market. All the passenger cars that exist in Cuba are already there. Nothing beyond 1958. And they are kept running forever. Same thing with film cameras. With recent announcements on no new development by the major makers, are we in the same situation? All the film cameras made, have been made. Discuss...
    A New Project! Transformations 02/02/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lipka
    As a discussion point, I have drawn the analogy of film cameras to the Cuban automobile market. All the passenger cars that exist in Cuba are already there. Nothing beyond 1958. And they are kept running forever. Same thing with film cameras. With recent announcements on no new development by the major makers, are we in the same situation? All the film cameras made, have been made. Discuss...
    Haven't you just described the problems of the photo industry in a nutshell? Because film cameras have been made to perfection, no real progress could be made - no real market movement any more (well-made cameras last a looong time) - new market is opened (tried different film format first (APS), did't work, but big breakthrough with digital - until there is stagnation because of saturation again.

So, I guess you certainly have a point there....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Apparently, the Nikon F5 contains a database of hundred of typical scenes and can automatically modify its basic exposure, if you point the thing at such a scene. Perhaps this could be extended to include a shutter lock that prohibits any attempt to photograph any kind of "typical scene"
    Heat or light; it depends on your sensitivity.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    ..... I submit that there is Nothing New Under the Sun for conventional photo hardware; we are complete -

Rebuttal, comments.
    George Eastman said the same thing- and look where he is today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin