Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,634   Online: 863

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    It is always funny to track your three day package running around your area for three days before they will drop it on your doorstep Whoever B&H used to use (Fed Ex?) would always deliver it the next day even you asked for regular service.
    Funny, that is the same complaint I always make about FedEx. I guess it depends upon where you live.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    I have had dealings with B&H and Adorama (mind you only only a few each) and have had good service from both. I have mostly shopped Adorama through Amazon and enjoy the convenience of being able to order from Adorama with my other orders at Amazon. If shopping directly, B&H seems to have an edge on lower shipping charges. As I have not had to deal with Adorama customer service, I cannot comment on that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My experience so far with them;

Ordered 4 items via the web on 5\10. Contacted their live help on 5\23 asking what's the holdup.That day, 2 of the 4 items shipped and I got them in three days. All was good. The remaining 2 items were still on backorder and have not shipped yet. I have been so busy that I forgot to check on this until today and the invoice still shows that it is in printed status. So, it looks like I will contact their live help again to see if that triggers a shipment of the remaining items. If not, my order will be cancelled since they had more than enough time to order and ship.

B&H I have no problems with. Orders came right away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Used Adorama on two occasions and encountered no problems so far.

Last time I used them was on Friday 17/6 when I ordered a tft screen hood (for a d-%&$l camera). They shipped same day and it arrived in Greece on Tuesday 21/6. Pretty fast considering the number of postal services and countries involved.
    Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just checked and a backorder (at Adorama) from 4/16/2004 is still listed. I ordered some umbrella reflectors for my Multiblitz lights. Right after I ordered them, the distributor had a price increase. They have been in stock at the distributor the whole time and Adorama isn't completing the BO. I can only guess that they don't wish to sell them at the billed price after having their cost go up. Just to see what happens, I've let it linger. It's now 14 months!
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by craigclu
    I just checked and a backorder (at Adorama) from 4/16/2004 is still listed. I ordered some umbrella reflectors for my Multiblitz lights. Right after I ordered them, the distributor had a price increase. They have been in stock at the distributor the whole time and Adorama isn't completing the BO. I can only guess that they don't wish to sell them at the billed price after having their cost go up. Just to see what happens, I've let it linger. It's now 14 months!
    Oh, boy that is not good! You should try and contact them. See if that wakes them up to do something. Wonder if they will then bill you for the increase. Would be interesting to see if that is indeed their plan.

Images
    Craigclu, You should call them and ask for a plain explanation of what is going on and what they intend to do. You are entitled to that. They are not allowed to play coy little games because their cost went up, they have a responsibility to resolve it to your satisfaction in a timely manner.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have ordered from Adorama and B&H numerous times, each time being an order which was sort of complicated, a little of this, little of that, usually over 15 items, 4-5 dif types of film,etc...

I never had a problem with adorama messing up an order or anything of the sort.

The only thing I can say thats somewhat negative about adorama is that they seem to be a bit slow on shipping in comparison to B&H, to me, thats really not a problem because adorama sells things others dont or wont. I dont mind waiting a few days more than I would like to get a product I wouldnt be able to purchase anywhere else...

I will look to B&H first because they ship quickly in my experience and havnt messed up an order...

When I need chemicals or something that B&H doesnt carry I will goto adorama without fear and knowing I will get what I ordered eventually, maybe 2 or 3 days after I would hope to recieve it but I do get it!

Also, the one time I had to contact adorama customer service my problem was resolved quickly and without hassle.
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin