Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,231   Online: 1122

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Latest Adorama experience

I know that I have heard some hard knocks at Adorama in these forums and I don't blame the disgruntled for being P.O.'d but I just ordered from them again because they will ship things that B&H won't, and I have to report that I just got the order, quick, complete and the film was far within its expiration date.
    Go ahead and bash them when you have problems and can't get them resolved, I have no interest in defending them. I just feel that, for the sake painting a complete and useful picture for fellow photo consumers, I should add my individual experience. I have no experience with their customer service because I have never had any problem with my orders. Just take it for what it is worth.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know. I just think the service you got was what they should provide. Not something special.

My dealings with them have been fine. One small back ordered item that they finally shipped after I'd bought it locally. But mostly fine. They aren't my idea of great service but they aren't horrible either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    [...] and I have to report that I just got the order, quick, complete and the film was far within its expiration date. [...]
    Ain't that kind of like bragging that someone isn't an ax murderer?

Images
    Absolutely. The absolute minimum that everyone is entitled to is trouble free transactions and fast and polite resolution of any problems that may arise. That's what we pay for. It's just that bad experiences get mentioned more than good so the overall view of a company can get skewed. Just put it all, good and bad, out there and everyone can make their own decisions. Caveat Emptor.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You should also mention you live less than 50 miles from them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I buy a lot of stuff from them because the will ship all the color chemicals that B&H won't. One time the C-41 chems had a small leak (not their fault as the box was properly packed and the inner box was sealed). I called them up and they sent me another box without compaint. I kept the original and it turned out to work just fine, even though the box was stained with developer. My only complaint is they tend to have a backordered item every order or two. B&H is much better about making the inventory for the web match the warehouse.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The only time I've ever had to talk to their customer service was when I ordered 25 rolls of Tri-X and they slipped a well used RB-67 kit in with my film. When I called and asked them to credit my account for the items that I had not oredered, they were quite friendly and even paid for return shipping. The film was all dated far into the future (more than 15 months).

I must say, other than an occasional back ordered item, I've never been disappointed with Adorama.
    Last edited by BradS; 06-23-2005 at 08:35 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: oops, finish the sentence.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    You should also mention you live less than 50 miles from them.
    An excellent point. Although they seem to ship quickly and three-day UPS tends to take three days. I've lucked out on backorders but it seems to be mentioned pretty frequently here.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    An excellent point. Although they seem to ship quickly and three-day UPS tends to take three days. [...]
    Yep! You can live 50 miles away, but they send it past your door, to Atlanta (or some hub), then to another dizzy, and finally back to your door! It actually makes sense in a reciprocity-failure kinda way.

Images
    I just noticed that B&H uses UPS now too. Yet they seem to still indicate that if want anything liquid and haz, forget it (available in-store only). Adorama and Calumet, no problem. I wonder what's up with that.

I'm about a forty minute drive from Adorama and B&H. It is always funny to track your three day package running around your area for three days before they will drop it on your doorstep Whoever B&H used to use (Fed Ex?) would always deliver it the next day even you asked for regular service.
    =Neal W.=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin