Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,050   Online: 815

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Pentax spotmeter for night scenes.

I've got the chance to buy a pre-V Pentax spotmeter, and I was just wondering if I'd have much trouble shooting well lit buildings at night with the lowest EV being 3. This is one of the main reasons why I'm giving this meter consideration, as the meter I'm currently using (Sekonic auto-lumi 86) is horrible for almost any scenes, yet alone low light. It'll also be a good introduction to the Zone System, if I can get my head around it!

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you check my gallery you will see some night shots I did. I used one of the old Pentax spotmeters for my readings. It was spot on and another thing I like is the readout in the meter is light up.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose
    If you check my gallery you will see some night shots I did. I used one of the old Pentax spotmeters for my readings. It was spot on and another thing I like is the readout in the meter is light up.
    Thanks a bunch. What did you find it's limit was as far as low light went? i.e. was it terribly good inside something like an old church?
    Last edited by ChrisC; 07-08-2005 at 01:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin