Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,962   Posts: 1,632,408   Online: 726

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess if I were concerned about this issue, I would make certain that I had manual equipment that would not require a battery and that was in a popular film size and that was known to be built to last. Kind of sounds like a description of a Leica M camera doesn't it?
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    I guess if I were concerned about this issue, I would make certain that I had manual equipment that would not require a battery and that was in a popular film size and that was known to be built to last. Kind of sounds like a description of a Leica M camera doesn't it?
    It does! However, my professional use-daily experience with the Leica M2 and M4 was that they require a CLA and shutter adjustment every year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Who will still be making film cameras?

Goddamit you slackers, you didn't buy enough Makinas to keep MF folders in production, and that was before the days of digital excuses.

You had all better go out and buy a new Rolleiflex TLR right now - either the FX or the FW will do. No lame excuses like "I don't want one" or "They cost ten year's wages".

If you don't buy one, and those magnificent TLR's go out of production, I'll be round to your house. I know where you live.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    I'll be round to your house. I know where you live.

Best,
    Helen
    I wouldn't mess with Helen guys... from the avatar, the bad hair day says she means business!

I have 2 hassies and a Holga, does that get me off the hook?
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    35mm
    Well Zeiss just introduced an new film camera and set of lenses. Nikon, intoruced the F6..leaving out the interchange able finders...sad choice I believe.

Helen does not have bad hair days..she has style.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jamnut
    1. Who will be willing to build film cameras?
    My oldest camera has lasted for about 100years; the lens for 130. I don't see it breaking down soon.
    2. Who will have the know how to repair our present cameras?
    Got glue?
    3. Where will we get the parts for our cameras?
    See above. There's wood, and glue.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    FWIW

In the town where I live a new photo club has started. It is ALL digital, so maybe that means that the club I frequent isn't digital enough for some people. Maybe there is still some room for the analog folks, although I feel left out in my photo club right now (I haven't been there much for the last half year because I grew tired of the digital stuff everywhere in the club).
    With the new club I hope that we have some room for the analog people who are still around. I don't hate digital, I just think it has taken over anything in our club...

Morten

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Well, archery is still here. So is riding horses. How about the accordion?
    We're not all gun-toting, Harley-riding guitarists.
    Don't get me wrong - I used to be a gun-toting, Suzuki-riding bassoonist (stop laughing). The point is that even though I can't buy plates for my 9x12 at the local drug store, much less a good crossbow bolt, anything that makes loud noises, explodes/shreds/sticks into or uses nasty chemicals will probably find enough people to keep someone in business. We just won't have the variety readily available that we used to back when accordionists rode freely upon the Earth.
    I agree with Dave. Get out there, use the stuff and adapt when necessary. On the other hand, stocking up on .40cal, bassoon reeds and AZO never hurt anyone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminKyiv
    Well, archery is still here. So is riding horses. How about the accordion?
    We're not all gun-toting, Harley-riding guitarists.
    http://elearning.winona.edu/jjs/butcher.jpg
    Speak for yourself.
    I built that.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    http://elearning.winona.edu/jjs/butcher.jpg
    Speak for yourself.
    I built that.
    Gorgeous! I'll try again - "We're not all Taser-toting crotch-rocket-riding digital keyboard players".

The idea that will keep people running old hard-tails like that will also keep people using old cameras - and modifying them. Someone will see the need and fill it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin