Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,620   Online: 1036

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printer ink.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a monk who sits in the corner and copies everything off the screen onto parchment with a quill.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    Good Day,
    I use a Canon i850 printer to run off the material I gather from APUG and the web. My problem is the high cost of Canon ink cartridges.
    My printer is set to "greyscale" which helps a bit.
    Has anyone had success with the ink refill centers which will do a single unit for 1/3 the cost of a replacement. Most important is will the refill nullify the extended warranty I have on my printer?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    I have the Canon i900D. I've tried several of the generic inks without success. I finally gave up and switched to the Canon inks which cost me about $45 a set off ebay. Under the generics, even monochromes has color casts.

Funny story, when I went to change back to the Canon inks I needed a whole set and in a hurry. So I went to Fry's Electronics and they had a set for $68.95. I was wandering around and noticed they had refurbished i950s for $69.95 with a new set of ink carts. So I bought the new printer for the ink carts. I got home and my son was visiting. He asked me what I was going to do with the printer and bought it off me for $10. Someone else was buying me the ink carts so I could prints some photos for them so I made $9 off the deal.

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    On APUG most of us just type the pages over on a Royal portable, so when we get to the end of the ribbon, we can just flip it over, except for the guys using letterpress of course.
    I photograph the screen and print unto 8x10 photo paper...I have all APUG posts on fibre now....nicely toned, too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I used the ink refill once and it was ok for black ink but did not last long. I heard that if anything goes wrong with your printer and it is still in warranty, they won't cover it if you use the replacement ink. (For what it's worth)
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin