Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,130   Online: 891

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printer ink.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Printer ink.

Good Day,
    I use a Canon i850 printer to run off the material I gather from APUG and the web. My problem is the high cost of Canon ink cartridges.
    My printer is set to "greyscale" which helps a bit.
    Has anyone had success with the ink refill centers which will do a single unit for 1/3 the cost of a replacement. Most important is will the refill nullify the extended warranty I have on my printer?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're just printing text in B&W get a cheap laser printer. Toner doesn't cost me more then 1.5 cents per letter sheet in high quality mode.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    On APUG most of us just type the pages over on a Royal portable, so when we get to the end of the ribbon, we can just flip it over, except for the guys using letterpress of course.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    lol lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I create and set my own lead type. I was thinking of converting to letraset rub off letters but the Dmax isn't as good as my old hand press and I prefer the tonal range of my red sable calig brush.

doedeedoedeedumb...
    [SIZE=1]I've heard tell of this thing called MIS which might be of help.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just take a shot of the screen with FP4 and print it on RC paper.

ladidadidadida

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL...

Seriously, if you are using an inkjet to print text you are throwing money down the drain - do as Nick says: get a laser printer. A laser will cost about the same as half a dozen ink cartridges and the toner it comes with will last longer than those cartridges alone...

Save your inkjet for printing photogra..... OUTCH!!!... That hurt!...

Bob.

Images
    You can get an HP laser jet 1012 really cheap.

I can only speak for myself but I find clay tablets work best for copying off the computer. I live in the SW so dry time is pretty quick.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This isn't funny. Last year I was looking at those printers. You know the type that print books-) The price was fairly low for a two colour unit. Then sanity came over me and I moved on.

Might get a printing press for what a year of ink costs for an ink jet

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Was using wood block, but with the plate burnners going so cheap have decided to invest in one of them...though have always thought a photograver would look much better.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin