Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,294   Online: 975

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juba
    If you really need fast AF, the F80 isn`t your camera, the AF is slow and hunts a bit, very quiet shutter, nice ergonomics and alot of features are the good points.
    Do you know the F90x?
    Could be a good option, as for the zoom, how about a 28-105mm IF D?
    Good luck!

André
    I'm suppriesed your saying the F80 has slow AF. F90x is the the predecessor to the F100?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    I'm suppriesed your saying the F80 has slow AF. F90x is the the predecessor to the F100?
    I use to have an F80, one F5 and one F100, I sold the F80, the F5, and kept the F100.
    Compared with the other 2, the F80 is a sleeper, obviously they aren`t playing in the same league, but if you really want a fast and precise AF, then go for the F90x or the F100 at least.
    Yes, the F100 is the "upgrade" of the F90, and the F80 of the F70.
    I know some professionals still using F90`s as back-up cameras, still a very good machine.
    Decide wisely!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    Why would they dump it in Janurary, is that when term ends there?
    First semester is over - and the influence of Christmas spending is overwhelming, I find - across the board - not just in camera equipment.
    Still - all things aside, can you imagine how much this stuff would cost were it not for the digital epidemic? I like a good deal as much as the next guy, but I sometimes reflect on the fact that the great prices I buy my equipment for a are a symptom of a potentially terminal disease of the hobby I love...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Juba
    I know some professionals still using F90`s as back-up
    I know some that are using them for a primary... I have used an N90S and an N80 exclusively and the N90 is far better in regards to the AF speed. It is also vastly superior in dark environments. However, I love using the N80 for street stuff. Personally, I don't wait for something to shoot then quickly try to get it. I'm usually anticipating the shot and have the AF already engaged. It also has that tracking system that follows the subject and continues to refocus. I know they all have it but it works well. Its light and very easy to use and the only primary lens I have is the 85mm 1.8... I use zooms (even the G lenses) an awful lot. I do tread lightly with both the body and lenses. Obviously, they are not as durable but quite capable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin