Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,553   Online: 980

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Is now not a time to buy a Film camera

It could be my imagination, but in my search for an F80, I am being faced with a bit of competion, while 2 months ago they were going for about £160 with kit lens, they are now going for about £200+ with this kit lens, could this be somthing to do with the start of term?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have a look at the second hand market!
    Kit lenses? Don`t do that to your images.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It could be.
    Diane

Halak 41

Images
    I've been watching prices climb as well. I'ld take Juba's advice and head for the used market. People are dumping their 35mm cameras like hot lava and buying into the digital is better ideal. SOme good pickins.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hurry, Used equipment prices are climbing fast, a lot of shooters are finding that the little digital P+S cameras don't equal film and the DSLRS are still high priced for casual users.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bohica
    Hurry, Used equipment prices are climbing fast, a lot of shooters are finding that the little digital P+S cameras don't equal film and the DSLRS are still high priced for casual users.
    It could also be that Ole has run out of LF lenses to buy, and is now trying to corner the used 35mm market...
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was reffering to eBay prices in my origional post.

I just want the kit lens as a starter once I have an F80 I will get a 50mm 1.8 as well, I like candid street photography, hence my need for a Zoom and Fast AF

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you really need fast AF, the F80 isn`t your camera, the AF is slow and hunts a bit, very quiet shutter, nice ergonomics and alot of features are the good points.
    Do you know the F90x?
    Could be a good option, as for the zoom, how about a 28-105mm IF D?
    Good luck!

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have found that film camera and lens prices are on a bit of high - and some of it to the ridiculous degree. As a Canon FD user, I keep an eye on the equipment, and when run of the mill used 28mm 2.8 lenses breech $60 US... its a bit funny. I think that January will see a drop off, as all the students dump their gear and people are strapped for cash post-christmas. Its my observation that there is a definite relation between the prices and school terms.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why would they dump it in Janurary, is that when term ends there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin