Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,606   Online: 806

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Lightweight tripod no likey tile floor.

My Slik Sprint Pro, although being a very nice and recommendable 2 lb travel tripod, does not like slick tile floors being that the legs like to splay out. So it is now time to drop even more money into my hobby and I am looking for a $100 new or used model of approx 4 lb weight that approaches 5ft unextended. Any ideas?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    My Slik Sprint Pro, although being a very nice and recommendable 2 lb travel tripod, does not like slick tile floors being that the legs like to splay out. So it is now time to drop even more money into my hobby and I am looking for a $100 new or used model of approx 4 lb weight that approaches 5ft unextended. Any ideas?
    A Bogen 3021 is $140 new, used usually less than $100.00
    A used tiltall runs around $60-100.00
    A used Gitzo Mountaineer/explorer.

Knowing your capacity requirements would help.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The standard workarounds are to put strong string round the three legs or to lay a towel or somesuch on the slippery floor.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    aren't there triangular gizmos with a place to stick each leg of the tripod and wheels underneath -- sorta like a dolly for a tripod? If you put a couple of heavy paving stones on such a thing I'd suspect it'd be a budget-friendly solution. Heck -- you could just cut out a triangle of half-inch plywood, put thick moulding around the border and screw in three heavy duty casters on the bottom. (sorry... couldn't get spell check to work for some reason, and re-edit didn't present the spell check choice.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin