Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,397   Online: 826

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should be good for either day...the wife's a good sport about camera shows..she even went with me to the last one, and we walked out with a nice B&J 5x7..

But Sunday sounds like it might be better for everyone. There is always a Cracker Barrel nearby, for coffee breakfast or there is a coffee shop just up the Main St. So let's make a morning of it one way or the other.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    Upcoming camera show in Grapevine - Sept. 17 & 18. Although these are not what they used to be (curses to both eBay and digital) , they can still be interesting. Never know what you'll find.
    Two week warning! Looks like Sunday officially, but Saturday could be talked about ...

Details TBA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

One week away!

Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    But Sunday sounds like it might be better for everyone. There is always a Cracker Barrel nearby, for coffee breakfast or there is a coffee shop just up the Main St. So let's make a morning of it one way or the other.
    Sunday is fine with me. (Saturday would be fine with me also.) The sale opens at 10:00. How does breakfast at 9:00 sound? Now, we need concrete suggestions as to food location! I've been there a dozen times and still can't picture anything but McDonald's and Wendy's; and I know we can do better than that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You know David, I'm in the same boat...been there lots of times and really could not tell you where to stop for breakfast

9:00 am sounds fine to me, do we know how many of us there will be? If any of the North Texas APUG members plan to go and want to join us, let us know and we will try and figure out where will will be meeting up.
    Mike C

Rambles

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    this is the 18th right?

lee\c

Shooter
    35mm
    Although these are not what they used to be (curses to both eBay and digital) , they can still be interesting. Never know what you'll find.
    David Brown
    I do best at these when I go with nothing particular in mind. If I go seeking something specific, I'm inevitably disappointed. If I go with nothing in mind, I'm sometimes surprised what I find that I "need" :rolleyes:

Jonathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    this is the 18th right?

lee\c
    Right!

Sunday, September 18, 2005.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stark raving
    I do best at these when I go with nothing particular in mind. If I go seeking something specific, I'm inevitably disappointed. If I go with nothing in mind, I'm sometimes surprised what I find that I "need" :rolleyes:

Jonathan
    Oh, absolutely right!

Are you coming down to join us?

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, absolutely right!

Are you coming down to join us?
    Lovely idea, but I'll pass this time. There's a show in the Philadelphia area in October, and I'm sure I'll be at that one. Like a moth to the flame, y'know...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A couple of years ago my wife and I went to a camera show and swap in Burnaby (near Vancouver) British Columbia. Its a show put on by the Western Canada Photographic Historical Association, an organization that is as much collector oriented as photography oriented, but the 100 or so tables of stuff, ranging from incredible junk, to interesting finds, is worth visiting.

We were there in the middle of the day, and it was crowded and there was lots to look at.

My wife (whose support is strong, but whose interest in the photography process is mostly of the "point and shoot" variety) looked around the room, and looked at my look of anticipation, and exclaimed:

"you are here, with your people"

After wandering further for several minutes, and observing the sartorial splendour of the majority of the people there, her next comment was inspired by a recently popular television program, and even more telling:

"no offense, but if ever there was a group who together needed the 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' treatment, it is this one"

In response, I looked around the room, and she was right. We enjoyed ourselves anyways.

In case anyone is interested, this year's show is on October 2, 2005. The website with information is 2005 Vancouver Camera Show
    Last edited by MattKing; 09-11-2005 at 04:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin