Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,867   Online: 1066

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Camera Show in North Texas

Upcoming camera show in Grapevine - Sept. 17 & 18. Although these are not what they used to be (curses to both eBay and digital) , they can still be interesting. Never know what you'll find.

I have 3 (count'em 3) $1 off coupons. ($4 instead of $5)

I usually go on Saturday (17th). Anybody want to meet me there? Sunday is not out of the question.

David Brown

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hrm... I wonder if I'd find anyone there willing to swap a speed graphic with side rangefinder and a working FP shutter for my recently CLAd crown graphic with top rangefinder? I'd like to eventually acquire an old shutterless portrait lens, and use the FP shutter with it. I expect it would be easier to hand-adjust the side rangefinder than make a custom cam for the top rangefinder.

Either that or a Canon F1n and normal lens... much swapping go on at those things? I've actually never been to one. Been to a gun show. Pretty much the same expect for the merchandise?

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    Hrm... I wonder if I'd find anyone there willing to swap a speed graphic with side rangefinder and a working FP shutter for my recently CLAd crown graphic with top rangefinder? I'd like to eventually acquire an old shutterless portrait lens, and use the FP shutter with it. I expect it would be easier to hand-adjust the side rangefinder than make a custom cam for the top rangefinder.

Either that or a Canon F1n and normal lens... much swapping go on at those things? I've actually never been to one. Been to a gun show. Pretty much the same expect for the merchandise?

-KwM-
    Kevin, would you be interested in a 3x4" speed graphic with working FP shutter? The film is a lot cheaper
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    Upcoming camera show in Grapevine - Sept. 17 & 18. Although these are not what they used to be (curses to both eBay and digital) , they can still be interesting. Never know what you'll find.

I have 3 (count'em 3) $1 off coupons. ($4 instead of $5)

I usually go on Saturday (17th). Anybody want to meet me there? Sunday is not out of the question.

David Brown
    I'll go. What time are you planning on heading out there? I need some forewarning as I will have to take that Saturday off.

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, Ok!! Now here I am at work :o

And that Saturday is the wife's Birthday :o

And I just bought a 305 mm barrel lens from Sandy and have no play money :o

And need to save $$ for a trip I promised the wife in Oct. :o

So, yeah I can meet you feller's there, I'll be the one that's ducking every 5 minutes.....

Let me know what time....I'm always there when they open anyway.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mike! You're dedicated to the craft!

In view of the Mike's wife's birthday and Jeremy's employment, I don't have any trouble with Sunday. I have been know to go both days. Of course, Don (the guy who hosts these) used to have one in Mesquite - 10 minutes from my house! Grapevine is a little further.

Anyway, it's a trade-off. Conventional "wisdom" is that the good stuff goes early, i.e., Saturday morning. BUT, the bargains are Sunday afternoon, since the dealers don't want to haul the stuff home.

We still have a few weeks. We'll see. I'll bump the thread once in a while.

David

PS: for info and your own discount, see http://www.donsphotoequipment.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Kevin, would you be interested in a 3x4" speed graphic with working FP shutter? The film is a lot cheaper :D
    Jeremy, I'm taking this tangent into E-Mail. Don't wanna derail the thread.

-KwM-
    Last edited by kwmullet; 08-23-2005 at 05:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David,

I'm probably a go. Gotta nail down kidcare & such. Dianna's already committed to being chained to a computer for the morning doing an IT evolution at work.

Any chance we can come to a concensus about a common meetup (coffee beforehand?) then an apug decending (decention? decension?) onto the camera show.

Is there a URL you can point us to for the minutea of the event?

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sunday works well for me--no work on that day.

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    Is there a URL you can point us to for the minutea of the event?
    Ahem ...

http://www.donsphotoequipment.com/

No minutea, however.

I think coffee/breakfast/brunch (whatever) beforehand would be a great idea! We'll see.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin