Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,842   Online: 894

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Arca Swiss Monoball tripod heads

Is anyone using this tripod head and if so is it worth the money? The pan and QR attachments really kick the cost of the head way up. Any comments pro or con would be appreciated. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1
    Is anyone using this tripod head and if so is it worth the money? The pan and QR attachments really kick the cost of the head way up. Any comments pro or con would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Yes, I believe it is worth the money. I've been using an Arca-Swiss B1 Ball Head for several years and I love it! It will support small 35mm cameras, 8x10 view cameras and even my 16mm Bolex with Norris Animation Motor (at least twice the weight of my 8x10) without a whimper.

The pan feature on my Arca-Swiss B1 Ballhead is built in - not an attachment.

Compatible QR plates are available from multiple sources, including Arca-Swiss, Really Right Stuff, Kirk and others.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I used the B1 for large format, and then for medium format a bit when I backed out of large format. I didn't use it enough to justify keeping it (I shouldn't say I'm a poor college student because I bought an Arca-Swiss B1 and use a Hasselblad, but honestly I am on the poor side!). If I had plenty of extra money, or used a tripod anymore, the B1 would be my first choice hands down; if you plan to use it quite a bit, I'd say it's definetely worth it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin