Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,800   Online: 671

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Tripod centre column question.

My situation:

I am looking to get a new tripod, as the current tripod is not satisfactory (old n' loose). I am looking into Berlebach tripods, for view camera use (currently 4x5, mostly, with the anticipation of much larger cameras). However, I am concerned with two things, largely: Firest, eye-level or near-eye-level shooting (although tripods without the centre column are more stable, I have never needed more stability with my current centre column tripod, and am rarely in a shooting situation which would require much stability to begin with). Second, portability.

So, on to my question: The Berlebach 1022 model would give a shorter transportation length, lower weight, higher load capacity. The maximum height, however, is low. Would there be any large (or small) issues with using a longer center column? I realize the obvious, such as, less stability with more column height. I merely wish to have that capability.

Mostly, I'm looking for anything REALLY obvious I may have missed, as I'm new to this tripod-buying business! Suggestions in general, too, are quite welcome. If there are any other solutions, I'd be glad to know.
    Nate Davis

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hello,

at Berlebach they got a whole lot of tripods of completly different designs. They are very friedly and do build anything for you which is possible as a mixture of their product line.

For more information:

Berlebach

An alternative to Berlebach is another company which was founded by a former employee of Berlebach who started his own buisiness under the name Wolf Wood. The tripods are very similiar to Berlebach. You can find information under:

Wolf Wood
    Thomas

'tween black and white, there's a lot of grey in sight.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin