Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,006   Online: 1030

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

a little story - Fell free to feel envy!!

the story:
    two years ago, my girlfriend and I was at an island, doing a one-day fun'n games with a bunch of people from a professionel commercial photographer compagny..
    I had to try and make a photographic competition for aLL the members of the compagny.
    not easy, when some of them were secretarys and such - people that never took an image - blended with all the pros..

so we did Pinhole camera. Stine was model - stood there all day, in the nude, beside the water-- and it wasn't too warm..

I was promised a whole darkroom and lots and lots of quality paper for my work...

time went on, and I didn't hear from the photographer...

In the meantime I had a really great offer, and bought a Hasselblad system for the school.. really cheap. (1000$)

Now - two years later, I got the darkroom. 4 (normal) enlargers and one Durst 138..
    and lots of paper...

I had this idea, and asked my headmaster.. how about a schwitz? (spelling?)
    I havn't use for all those enlargers (I have two great ones)
    ok - he said.

SO now I am the proud owner of the Hasselblad system....
    two cameras - 50-80-150-250mm lenses - 3 close-up lenses - extension rings - pol mag - 4 magazines - filters - wodden box and the hasselblad leather case.. (I might miss out some..)

and without paying any money for it!

SO now I only have one problem: I actually don't like Hasselblad... I'm a Rollei man....
    my girlfriend states that the hassy makes her sexy, so.......

PS: the one camera is the ELX. with motor.. I can't figure it out.
    anyone here with a prospectus?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hasselblad.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You do indeed make me sick. Start using that camera or we'll have to send someone over there...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, this is definitely gutwrencing. Then again I'm a Rolleiman too....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You have my sympathies. I know just how you feel. A few months back, I traded a broken donkey cart full of rotten fruit and dried chicken bones for a nice, lightly used Hasselblad outfit with two hundred and fourty five rolls of fresh Tri-X. Now, my accountant says that the Hassy makes her sexy...What's a guy to do?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=gandolfi]SO now I only have one problem: I actually don't like Hasselblad... I'm a Rollei man....
    QUOTE]
    Easy. Remove the label from the Hassy (or make a counterfit) and stick it on the Rollei when she is around. Then, sell the Hassy outfit and send me 10% for the bright idea.

-Mike

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    [QUOTE=mikewhi]
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi
    SO now I only have one problem: I actually don't like Hasselblad... I'm a Rollei man....
    QUOTE]
    Easy. Remove the label from the Hassy (or make a counterfit) and stick it on the Rollei when she is around. Then, sell the Hassy outfit and send me 10% for the bright idea.

-Mike
    ,)

nice... but the problem is, that my rollei is somewhat larger then the Hassy...
    I tink she'd know..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three things needed to operate:

1) Put all back in box, pack well.

2) Put a label on it addressed to me.

3) Ship it.

No more dilemma's.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Heck, if I had a Hassy and a girlfriend who it made sexy, I wouldn't be writing on here, I'd be having fun with one or the other, if not both...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I want the broken donkey cart full of rotten fruit, that sounds way too random and cool!
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm a bit confused... Does a Hasselblad make a girlfriend sexy because she's using one, or because she's modelling (I presume nude) for it and it makes her feel like a supermodel?

You know... the two put together would sure be nice...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin