Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,687   Online: 928

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok How many....

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ok How many....

Kg/lb............... equipment do you bring on a phototrip
    Søren

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Usually between 1 and 35 lbs.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    1 pound per square inch of format, i.e. 5x7 gets 35 pounds of gear. 4x5 gets 20 pounds. Film is extra.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    anywhere from 0 to over 100 lbs, depends on where I am going and what I plan on shooting!

Dave

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    as much as I can fit in the Jeep and sill use inside the Jeep. Never weighed it, just know it takes too many trips from the house and back to get it all loaded. Everytime I load up for a trip, I say I need to cut back on stuff going with me...... I say they same thing everytime I unload it when I get home too. But you can't use the equipment if its not with you.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    35mm
    About 45 pounds which I carry with me.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ~6-8lbs or 2-4kilo's Camera and bag: ~3lbs and tripod: ~4-5lbs

Plus I will bring about 50 rolls of film per week of travel with 10-12 rolls on me at any given time.

The camera is a Mamiya 6, three lenses, a handful of filters, cable release etc.. The tripod is a manfroto 3021G with the 3055 ballhead.

I have taken the sinar with two lenses (75mm and 58mm), 4-5 graphmatics and the manfroto 3401 tripod and 3047 tilt head as well. This is probably in the 20lbs/10kilo range.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I rent a 24 foot U-Haul and bring it all
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Since I have to travel by air, I take what I can carry on the airplane - 4x5 field camera, 3 lenses, QuickLoad holder, 35mm with one lens attached. Tripod, film holders and extra lens for 35mm go in checked luggage. Usually 2 to 3 boxes of QuickLoad film and 5 rolls 35mm - sometimes a box of cut film as well. Perhaps 40 lbs or so - I have to be careful, the max the airlines allow as carryon is 22 lbs.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never weighed it and am afraid to. I wouldn't carry everything myself and my wife balks at carrying the little (I say!) that I won't. Where the going isn't too rough my Ruxxac cart is very useful. Where it is too rough for the Ruxxac I walk in, decide what I'll use, walk back out, and walk in with no more, sometimes less, that what's needed. My wife says that walking is good for me.

The most I've ever flown with was: Pelican 1500 with 2 Nikons, 2 283s, 5 lenses; Tundra Sea King 821 with Beaulieu 4008ZM2 and 5008S-MS, their zooms, 4 prime lenses, filters, ...; 30v battery belt (home brew, 15 2v lead acid cells) with spare cells to make charging easier; tripods; Omni Light; 40 rolls of S8 film, much 35 mm still.

I carried all but the tripods and the Omni on board. This on a trip to Paraguay in 1992. Those were the days! I can't imagine being allowed to take the battery belt near a plane nowadays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin