Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,368   Online: 1015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Archival storage for 3x4" negatives

Right now I've just got a stack of 3x4" negatives and am looking on suggestions on how to store these suckers since there aren't any negfile sheets that come in 3x4" that I can find. I thought about using the 4x5" sheets, but am afraid that if I trip while carrying the notebook then they'll all fly out! This may still be the best mix of organization and cost/value.

Any thoughts? What do you other 3x4 shooter use?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jeremy,

Take a look at the print file pages for the 3.5 by 5 in prints, they work real good for the 3x4 sized negatives.

www.printfile.com

I have about 30 pages of these with this size neg in them and they work out quite nice.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmmmmm..maybe trim em up and use regular 120 pages....Nooooooooooooooo!!!! That's not a good idea...I like Dave's idea with the 3x4 size.

May be the same size the sporting card guys use, or something to hold a CDV would work too.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Printfile makes a page for holding six Polaroid 669 negatives. Since these are very close to 3x4 size, it may work well.

-Greg
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gregdavis
    Printfile makes a page for holding six Polaroid 669 negatives. Since these are very close to 3x4 size, it may work well.

-Greg
    Can someone give me the exact dimensions of a Polaroid 669 negative? I will also email printfile and ask for the exact inner dimensions of this page. My other thought was to go with the 3.5x5" print holder pages and then use a staple to shorten the long dimension a little bit. But if I can get 6 to a page....

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found these from light impressions:

http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.co...D=PHOTOGUARDPG

which will hold 6x 3.25 x 4.25" negs/prints on one sheet. They are an extra $1.50 over the price of the print file pages, but this way I don't have to worry about having pages the wrong size/ill-fitting.

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good eye Jeremy, I looked at the same page but did not see the 3.25 x 4.25...just the 3.5x3.25...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I specifically went with these:
    http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.co...d=7717&x=0&y=0

They will still have a little bit of wiggle room, but a piece of archival tape across each flap will take care of them falling out. Also picked up 50 11x14 poly bags to put my 11x14 matted prints in--let me know if you want any, Mike and I'll pass a stack along at our next meeting.

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That might work out, would you be interested in some 16x20 poly bags? I picked some up a couple of years ago, would be willing to trade you for some of the 11x14's if you are interested. Got the 16x20's because I could just fold them over for 11x14, back when I was thinking I was going to print BIG!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    I specifically went with these:
    http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.co...d=7717&x=0&y=0

They will still have a little bit of wiggle room, but a piece of archival tape across each flap will take care of them falling out. Also picked up 50 11x14 poly bags to put my 11x14 matted prints in--let me know if you want any, Mike and I'll pass a stack along at our next meeting.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    That might work out, would you be interested in some 16x20 poly bags? I picked some up a couple of years ago, would be willing to trade you for some of the 11x14's if you are interested. Got the 16x20's because I could just fold them over for 11x14, back when I was thinking I was going to print BIG!
    Sure! I'll even in toss in some 5x7 fold-lock poly holders which I won't be using to even out the sq. in. difference

blog
    website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin