Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,527   Posts: 1,598,421   Online: 1122

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: opening a file

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Boy you guys are good

OK- so I DO have the SCSI+Raid contollers installed. I should run the driver disc next I suppose..... I just thought that's what Vuescan does. Am I wrong in assuming this?
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, you need drivers for the card itself. Then you need drivers for the scanner itself and then, finally, Vuescan. Vuescan will talk to the scanner drivers and the scanner drivers will talk to the SCSI drivers (or is it the other way around.... getting confused already... see what SCSI does to an easily affected mind!)..

Cheers, Bob.

[edit] Hang on... RAID??? Are you running RAID and using a two-channel RAID card to plug the scanner in to as well? If so, the drivers for the card will already be installed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Let me guess : the printer port?

Cheers Bob.
    Doh!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

So far behind the curve

Thanks everyone-satinsnow,Bob,Horst,David-you guys are really nice to try and help this misguided person (Me) I have an epson and yes I'm starting to understand what the pleasures of firewire are all about. It does good scans but only up to 2and 1/4 inch negatives. I only paid $5 plus shipping for the Agfa so if I can get it to work fine. Otherwise there are good places in NYC where I can go and do scans and one is using imacons. I'll just have to pay.
    That's the end of my SCSI day for now......you are all so generous and I mean that.
    Thanks, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Doh!
    As I said, SCSI, can be very confusing, cause the DB 25 connections for printers and SCSI are identicle, again another area that can get real confusing is the SCSI ID stuff, just make sure they are set to different numbers, and the terminator, many SCSI items have termination built into them, but you need to make sure they are turned on, or it could cause interferance in the PC...

I agree with Bob F. USB and Firewire is far less complicated and easier to use

Shooter
    Large Format
    And please don't forget the always nice faces to see when we discover two devices on the channel have accupied the same SCSI-ID;-)

Ho.
    everything becomes more worse. one thing becomes better: the moral becomes more worse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, Peter. The scanner must be turned on (powered up) BEFORE you turn on your computer or the computer won't recognize it.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I mentioned it had to be turned on Jeremy, in my long disertation on setting everything up..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    I mentioned it had to be turned on Jeremy, in my long disertation on setting everything up..

Dave

Oops, so you did, Dave, but it deserves to be mentioned again. I've used a SCSI scanner for over 2 years now and STILL make this mistake
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Oops, so you did, Dave, but it deserves to be mentioned again. I've used a SCSI scanner for over 2 years now and STILL make this mistake
    No biggie, I just happen to be from the old school on computers where we had to turn everything on before turning the computer on, hence I still do it that way, things are really different now, then they were when I was starting out!

Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin