Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,412   Online: 775

Thread: Mounting press

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Mounting press

I went in the mounting area today and found my press still on. My question is is there some issue with leaving it on for the 28 hours? Will the thermostat be damaged?

Just wondering.
    Randy

Images
    Good Morning, Randy,

Probably not. Some of these presses are used in educational facilities for many hours at a time. You can always check with a thermometer the next time you use the press, but I always regard the temperature dial setting as just a rough estimate anyway; except for ColorMount tissue, precise temperature is usually not a critical matter.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The thermastat is a mechanical bimetal switch that won't be hurt by leaving it on for long periods of time. My old darkroom was practically heated by a press that was never turned off, it was in continuous use 24hrs/day, 365 days/yr.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks that makes me feel better.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just remember that Ansel Adam's darkroom fire was thought to have been caused by a dry mount press left on.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin