Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,297   Posts: 1,535,732   Online: 836

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What I meant was "I think I'll get one" These "things" happen. The spell checker can't help me write!

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi curt

you will find photo store on the Beaumarchais bvd closed to bastille tube station in the11th.

for the galley I suggest you to visit http://www.photos-site.com/
    and camera obscura
    you can find the address and program of most of the gallery on this web page
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Again. thanks to everyone for the information. I'm afraid that if I take my Busch Pressman C that I will not be looking around at the sites. I even thought of bringing my Nikon F3hp and a zoom. I'm not too crazy about the film size but the number of frames are great and the camera is lighter. I could be shooting a lot and not looking around again.
    Would I have a problem taking a Busch camera into museums?
    Wow it's getting down to the wire and I have to make up my mind!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All that I can tell you is that nobody bothered me when I took my Bronica into various places Paris. The Bronica's obviously not "just another tourist camera", but I was allowed to use it everywhere that photography was allowed. (Not being allowed to use flash is a much bigger issue than not being allowed to photograph.)

As to not looking when you're out with the camera: Depending on how long you'll be there, set aside a day or two at the beginning of the trip to just go look. Leave the camera behind (make sure it's securely locked up), and enjoy Paris. When you've done that, you'll learn what you really want pictures of and your photographic time will be much more efficient. Or at least that's how I did things...a few days of enjoying the city without a camera and then plenty of time to retrace my steps for the pictures I wanted. Even though my free time was restricted to weekends, it was worth it to me to see the sites without the Bronica. (I did carry a point-and-shoot just in case.)

Enjoy the trip...don't let your vacation become a source of stress for you.

Be well.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Curt

In Paris you can put a tipod everywhere but not in some public part nor in the museum.

I did a lot of 8x10 shoot in Paris without any problem. In most casr it is better to say that you're not a professional and just take large format shoot for fun.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took a Kodak Vigilant everywhere with me in England, Paris, and Italy. No one said anything, but I was also shooting all handheld and interiors were sort of "open the aperture and pray." Blvd de Beaumarchais has the camera stuff, but you'll more drool than shop. Its expensive. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin